9 1/2 week old Orp mixes. Still NO clue on their genders. Wanna help?

stacyandskyler

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 4, 2010
Reno, NV
This is my first batch of straight-run chickeroos, and I am having no luck picking out who the pullets are (God forbid there aren't any...eek). I've got one very obvious Roo, but the others are still suspects. Three of the five chicks have big, thick legs (def. Roo included), BUT four of the five have flesh colored (either yellow or black), small combs. I'm perplexed and hoping for some educated guesses
smile.png
(BTW, these photos were taken at about 8 weeks).

All the kids
P1000736.jpg

Front to back: Blue Orp X, Black Orp X Barred Rock, Blue Orp x Cochin (cockerel FOR SURE)
P1000737.jpg

Big Red: Bantam RIR X Cochin
P1000754.jpg

Orp x EE? (this one's got the skinniest legs out of our LF chicks)
P1000753.jpg

Black Orp X Barred Rock (our biggest chick)
P1000726.jpg

I've got more photos if they'd be helpful.
big_smile.png

I super-duper appreciate any input all you fabulous chicken people have to share!!!

~Stacy

Some pretty chickies you've got there! hard to tell the gender on some of these, I think the bottom two (EE x Orp and Barred rock x black Orp) look like pullets- but more close up photos would help, especially of their combs and maybe full body profile shots of them to check out if there are any saddle feathers growing.

From first pic.....boy, girl, girl, girl, girl.

The RIRxcochin may go boy.......but I think that RIR tend to have larger combs and it's still awful pale.

I am having the same problem trying to figure out the two 3 month old blue/ blk orps I hatched out !Every day I go out there and come to a different conclusion.I reckon one day it'll just crow huh????

Back
Top Bottom