9 eggs due to hatch tomorrow...

Maybe. This was a fun hatch and we went by eggs. We have a BR rooster and lots of
Barred hens. I don’t bet its pure BR. Good eye though.
Let me tell you what... I’ve had a male brown leg horn X female barred rock and that baby was beautiful. Her name was wilma and she was black.. when alter sun shined against her feathers you could see flecks of green and purple

There’s something so special and satisfying about hatching eggs from your own birds. Especially those you’ve hatched and raised. Babies having babies! Lol. I’ve got the first of my homegrown eggs in the incubator with the first set due this weekend. The 3 weeks definitely flies on by with everything else going on!

good luck with the rest of your hatch! 🐣

There’s something so special and satisfying about hatching eggs from your own birds. Especially those you’ve hatched and raised. Babies having babies! Lol. I’ve got the first of my homegrown eggs in the incubator with the first set due this weekend. The 3 weeks definitely flies on by with everything else going on!

good luck with the rest of your hatch! 🐣
Thank you so much for the encouragement. Good luck with your hatch too.

3E835E1E-7D07-4915-8A9A-EFBD78C2D54B.jpeg
3522641D-600C-4A23-BABD-B904958AD2CB.jpeg

Two more makes six out of nine so far. No pips on the other three. Its day 22 so we shall see if they pip soon. Thank you folks for following along.

Here’s a little update and pic:

F12434A1-3CB7-4241-88E9-F190A3766426.jpeg

We hatched 7 of 9. Here are 4.5 of them snoozing. We did not candle this round. The two that didn’t hatch didn’t seem developed at all so were probably not fertilized. This was a fun hatch based on egg color. Two of three green eggs hatched one yellow and one black chick. Same for the two speckled eggs. From the blue amerecauna eggs we got two black chicks out of three eggs. We hatch one for one dark brown eggs for a yellow/ gold chick. They are all doing great including the blue egg that had to be helped.

Here’s a little update and pic:

View attachment 2515648

We hatched 7 of 9. Here are 4.5 of them snoozing. We did not candle this round. The two that didn’t hatch didn’t seem developed at all so were probably not fertilized. This was a fun hatch based on egg color. Two of three green eggs hatched one yellow and one black chick. Same for the two speckled eggs. From the blue amerecauna eggs we got two black chicks out of three eggs. We hatch one for one dark brown eggs for a yellow/ gold chick. They are all doing great including the blue egg that had to be helped.
They look very content!

Back
Top Bottom