9 week Easter Egger

storminthenight

Songster
11 Years
Nov 22, 2008
Missouri
I posted this chicky before, it was a little to early to tell but I had my suspicions that it was a roo.
I took more pics of him/her yesterday so I thought I would get some new opinions . . .
P1011350.jpg

P1011365.jpg

P1011366.jpg

P1011382.jpg

P1011383.jpg

P1011384.jpg

This one came with 6 other EE's I got as day old chicks, they were sold as pullets.
I wouldnt really mind if this one was a roo though, either way is fine with me.

Looks a bit rooish, but still a bit young to tell for me. Do you have pictures of the others at the same age to compare him/her?

The white color is usually seen in the males, though.

I think EE are the hardest to tell. I have one that always had a red comb with a hen like body. Now 18 weeks old looks totaly like a hen with no roo feathers comming in. My guess would be a hen since she/he isn't standing upright like a roo would be.

I just have to say that I love the chick in the fourth pic that is eyeing the camera; she must think she needs some camera time as well, lol!

My EE roo didn't crow until he was 20+ weeks old. I'm guessing a roo by the way it's holding it's tail. That's exactly what mine looked like with the arched tail feathers. And then all the sudden these beautiful purple and green arching tail feathers came in. His comb didn't grow too much prior to his crowing. I was suspect of him once all the pretty colors started coming but the crow confirmed it. Well, and he likes to baby dance with the girls.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom