1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

9 week old Buff's leg

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by davef72, Jan 24, 2016.

1. davef72

davef72 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2015
    East Texas
    One of my 9 week old Buff Orpingtons appears to be favoring her right leg. I inspected her thoroughly to check for a broken leg and noticed nothing. When I watch her walk, she favors this leg, but her other leg also appears to be turned to the right as well.

Is this a possible birth defect? Has anyone on here ever had this happen to one of their pullets?

Her appetite is fine & she seems to be doing well, getting around on it & holding her own with the other eleven girls.
    I have noticed her size is smaller & she is not growing like the other girls.

Any recommendations?

2. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
  3. davef72

Mar 2, 2015
    East Texas
    @Wyorp Rock

It's the same issue, and was hoping to see if this has happened to any other owners.

4. Wyorp Rock

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Do you have any pictures or a video. Sometimes it helps to "see" the question being asked[​IMG]

5. davef72

Mar 2, 2015
    East Texas
    @Wyorp Rock

I'll try to get one in the next day or two. I've got to coach a soccer game this evening, but maybe Tuesday night

6. Wyorp Rock

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Sounds good!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by