9 Week Pullet or Roo Easter Egger

Hi all,

New to posting but been creeping on here for years :)
I think I have the same problem. Got an easter egger as a hatchling, was told all pullets but when I went to let my flock out today, someone let out a single crow! I've been suspicious of this one particular bird for a while, especially because they are much bigger than the others, is a bit of a bully to everyone but the 2 older alpha hens, and the only one with sickled tail feathers. Because the bird is so light, I never noticed before but I *think* I also see hackle and saddle feathers now, but would greatly appreciate others letting me know if I'm crazy! Bird was hatched the week of April 10th, so is going on 4 months (about 16 weeks).

If this is a roo, we can't keep him, our township doesn't allow them. We are outside of Philly if anyone would be interested!!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 9
Hi all,

New to posting but been creeping on here for years :)
I think I have the same problem. Got an easter egger as a hatchling, was told all pullets but when I went to let my flock out today, someone let out a single crow! I've been suspicious of this one particular bird for a while, especially because they are much bigger than the others, is a bit of a bully to everyone but the 2 older alpha hens, and the only one with sickled tail feathers. Because the bird is so light, I never noticed before but I *think* I also see hackle and saddle feathers now, but would greatly appreciate others letting me know if I'm crazy! Bird was hatched the week of April 10th, so is going on 4 months (about 16 weeks).

If this is a roo, we can't keep him, our township doesn't allow them. We are outside of Philly if anyone would be interested!!
Welcome to BYC! Your suspicions are correct. You have a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom