9th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2018-hatch-a-long

Just for you @Farmer Connie
There littke wings flapping :lau
Like meter up.gif
Very nice!

Hi y'all!
@Pensmaster good luck! @Hope Hughes I have a feeling you are an onery gal! So.. when you get back to Oklahoma let's hangout! Lol You're quite the enabler so you're welcome at my house anytime. @Farmer Connie is clearly ok with your coercive hatching sorcery too! :lol:

Glad everyone had good- decent hatches. Mine was about as I expected even though I set a high number of eggs. I was testing fertility on two pens, and a dozen i got from a nice guy with way too many birds so i figured those eggs would be weird. I set 42.. Only 14 made it to lockdown, 10 hatched. My test eggs were all blanks (17), and the free eggs all quit except one which died after external pip (11). That was the last egg I was waiting on forever. I waited too long to help it, but that's ok. It probably would've died, there was clearly something wrong the the flock it came from. So 2 Cochin babies, and 8 mutts from my EE/Sussex Roo, and my Buff Brahma/Sussex Roo are goofing around the brooder.. Are we starting a Valentine's day hatch-a-long? I've got over 4 dozen eggs in the works! Lol Great hatching with you all! :frow

Hi y'all!
@Pensmaster good luck! @Hope Hughes I have a feeling you are an onery gal! So.. when you get back to Oklahoma let's hangout! Lol You're quite the enabler so you're welcome at my house anytime. @Farmer Connie is clearly ok with your coercive hatching sorcery too! :lol:

Glad everyone had good- decent hatches. Mine was about as I expected even though I set a high number of eggs. I was testing fertility on two pens, and a dozen i got from a nice guy with way too many birds so i figured those eggs would be weird. I set 42.. Only 14 made it to lockdown, 10 hatched. My test eggs were all blanks (17), and the free eggs all quit except one which died after external pip (11). That was the last egg I was waiting on forever. I waited too long to help it, but that's ok. It probably would've died, there was clearly something wrong the the flock it came from. So 2 Cochin babies, and 8 mutts from my EE/Sussex Roo, and my Buff Brahma/Sussex Roo are goofing around the brooder.. Are we starting a Valentine's day hatch-a-long? I've got over 4 dozen eggs in the works! Lol Great hatching with you all! :frow
Me....... an enabler......?? Where could anyone get such an idea????!?!?!?:gig
@Farmer Connie is all about it though!
And im sorry the majority didnt make it. Even though it was a test and you didnt think it would go good doesnt change the sad feeling you feel get when something goes wrong. :hugs
At least you have 10 little fluff butts!!
( i may have over done it with all mine lol)

My hatch is over. I've never had a hatch like that and I'm not sure what went wrong here but something was definitely not right. I had 9 of 13 hatch and ah least half of them needed help because they were stuck. Humidity looked good the entire hatch but they had this may sticky goo all over them. This is the group that accidentally didn't get turned for the entire first week they were in. That's the only thing I can think of that may have caused any problem. I was even good and stayed out of the hatcher unto absolutely necessary. Any ideas?

One baby is very weak and I don't know if it'll make it. It had all sorts of bubbles from its zip line and in its mouth when I had to intervene. I think it breathed in some fluid. It's still alive since from last night (helped yesterday afternoon) but not moving much, just laying in one spot, breathing. If anyone has any suggestions for that one, I'm all ears.

My hatch is over. I've never had a hatch like that and I'm not sure what went wrong here but something was definitely not right. I had 9 of 13 hatch and ah least half of them needed help because they were stuck. Humidity looked good the entire hatch but they had this may sticky goo all over them. This is the group that accidentally didn't get turned for the entire first week they were in. That's the only thing I can think of that may have caused any problem. I was even good and stayed out of the hatcher unto absolutely necessary. Any ideas?

One baby is very weak and I don't know if it'll make it. It had all sorts of bubbles from its zip line and in its mouth when I had to intervene. I think it breathed in some fluid. It's still alive since from last night (helped yesterday afternoon) but not moving much, just laying in one spot, breathing. If anyone has any suggestions for that one, I'm all ears.
Sounds like humidity to me. I’ve had a hygrometer go bad before. May want to re calibrate it.
I’ve also not turned shipped eggs for the first 4 days before, because AC were so bad. Chicks hatched but I don’t remember if I had to assist.
Sounds like you saved the last chick from drowning barely. I don’t know how to help lungs at this point.

FE75052B-200A-4305-B692-139B0C8F4571.jpeg
C73893F9-FE06-4EBB-8F37-E87A8A2C74A8.jpeg
82D629F6-453E-435C-889A-104FBFBB1C80.jpeg
Do these air cells look too small, in these Silkie eggs? I set them on Thursday Dec 28th at midnight. According to hatch a batch app I’m day 17. If they are too small is there anyway to fix before lock down on Monday. I’m thinking of running dry till then-if I run dry my humidity is only at 10%.

the extera fluid suggest to me that th hey didn't lose enough moisture? I had that with my last batch also, this time I dripped the humidity down 5 % we will see if it improves.

Back
Top Bottom