9th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2018-hatch-a-long

Pics
If only these eggs weren't so high maintenance!

Has anyone mastered this hatching technique yet? I'd like to know more... :gig
View attachment 1210485
I am going have to do a little more effort to keep up on that particular procedure..
spin-shock-farmer-connie.gif

VooDoo Stuff man!
voodoo.gif

Banty's egg is like causing my heating bill to skyrocket. Banty chick is not just ready to acclimate to non-26*C temps... When Baby @BantyChooks is born, WE are taken her to the beach... Surfs up! Sun tan lotion, boat drinks, Jimmy Buffet ambience music... Bringing a new meaning to a cool chick walking on the Beach...
The Igloo will be full of cold beverages, not humans hiding from sub zero conditions... Baby Banty with live the sweet life... My new side kick..
1200387-0ed8c18cdda2732f6b7972093b1726d7.jpg.gif

Banty's egg is like causing my heating bill to skyrocket. Banty chick is not just ready to acclimate to non-26*C temps... When Baby @BantyChooks is born, WE are taken her to the beach... Surfs up! Sun tan lotion, boat drinks, Jimmy Buffet ambience music... Bringing a new meaning to a cool chick walking on the Beach...
The Igloo will be full of cold beverages, not humans hiding from sub zero conditions... Baby Banty with live the sweet life... My new side kick..
View attachment 1210496
I think Banty slipped a penguin egg in when you were not looking! Maybe a beach is not the best place for it!

Well, I woke up to a surprise this morning. I could've swore that I didn't have any eggs die until next weekend. I woke up this morning hearing peeping from the cabinet....very confused, I opened it up to find 2 very large CX outcross babies just hanging out on the rack staring at me. OOPS! They never had lockdown or humidity above 28% but they hatched themselves out just fine. I double checked. NOW I don't have anything due till next weekend lol

View attachment 1210496

Haha! How's ##5 doing? I'm sure it's being the most well behaved :)

View attachment 1210496
:lau Maybe the warmth around the banty egg will warm me (the human) up too. :fl

When do you candle?

Haha! How's ##5 doing? I'm sure it's being the most well behaved :)
A perfect gentleman.. It won't eat though.. I put a bottle cap full of starter feed in there and it was still full this morning. They are losing weight. I suspect at this rate, might be an average of 3 grams per egg at day 21!. Good thing I am exercising them. Trying to keep em active so they don't become lazy slackers someday..
When do you candle?
At least a week. I'm not going to obsess over air pockets. There is a major room condition difference than my hatching season though. It is also my brooder room. It is not climate controlled. During breeding season their are up to 8 tubs with hot lamps heating the room. The thermometer on the wall would reach up to 90*+ some days. It is now only 60-70ish without all those lamps. We don't use the central heat during winter months so it is chilly back there, far from the fireplace.
When I crack open the lid to turn the eggs, I can actually feel the heat inside. Never noticed or had the luxury of sensing the warmth in the bator before. But never hatched in the Winter before either.
I opened it up to find 2 very large CX outcross babies just hanging out on the rack staring at me. OOPS!
o pics2.gif
1180407-0b3d7dfa938efedd60d3c050216eeba7.jpg.gif

:cool: Number 3 is an awesome little pullet! :clap
1134514-db26e2316a40885a36c2b7fd6761be4f.jpg.gif

Hopefully #1 is awesome Pullet also
1134514-db26e2316a40885a36c2b7fd6761be4f.jpg.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom