9th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2018-hatch-a-long

Pics
They are Silkie eggs so light cream/pink color. I’m using an led flashlight light, I do need to turn the light off next time. I’ll probably wait till Sunday that will be day 7 and I can mark air cell too.
Can't wait to hear!

Well, I woke up to a surprise this morning. I could've swore that I didn't have any eggs die until next weekend. I woke up this morning hearing peeping from the cabinet....very confused, I opened it up to find 2 very large CX outcross babies just hanging out on the rack staring at me. OOPS! They never had lockdown or humidity above 28% but they hatched themselves out just fine. I double checked. NOW I don't have anything due till next weekend lol
I wonder if an hatch app would help?
Congratulations on the surprise hatch!

Ok fertility experiment has gone completely different than I thought.
Free hens eggs 0 either she wasn’t with rooster long enough or my 2 year old rooster is blank. Probably first choice as he’s been great so far. Her eggs are scrambled up waiting to cool to feed back.
Dark Cornish rooster, young and had a bum leg for a period of time so I didn’t think their eggs stood a chance. 7 of 7.

Still not convinced of the Dark Cornish as a meat bird they seem small especially against my mutts but maybe they put on more size later.

A perfect gentleman.. It won't eat though.. I put a bottle cap full of starter feed in there and it was still full this morning. They are losing weight. I suspect at this rate, might be an average of 3 grams per egg at day 21!. Good thing I am exercising them. Trying to keep em active so they don't become lazy slackers someday..

Well of course she's not going to eat if you call her a him!

I have one, I've just been too lazy to use it lol. I've been writing due dates on the eggs, I just overlooked them lol

It looks good, but the air cell looks quite large?
I thought it was the aircell too but it isnt, its just really light it looks like that both ways. The aircell in on the other end and looks the way it should(i think lol) i think its just the "whites" that look that way.
I can try to get pictures so yall can tell me if it doesnt look right. This is my first time incubating ducks.

I thought it was the aircell too but it isnt, its just really light it looks like that both ways. The aircell in on the other end and looks the way it should(i think lol) i think its just the "whites" that look that way.
I can try to get pictures so yall can tell me if it doesnt look right. This is my first time incubating ducks.

Okay, I guess I didn't look as closely as I should have. :rolleyes:

You guys are so funny! :lau:lau:lau

That's a great surprise @Auroradream26 !
I've been using the Hatchabatch app which seems to be basic, but serves my needs adequately.. You can log multiple batches at a time, fill in special notes, set reminders for candling, etc. I'd love to hear if anyone else uses a hatching app?

Back
Top Bottom