Ended 9th Annual NYD Hatch a long 2018 HAL Baking & Gingerbread Contest

Lovely, a cookie cutter can only give shape but the decorations are fabulous :clap.

Would you share your cookie recipes? Here or on "Any Baker" thread - Would love to see the Orange BO recipe :jumpy
I didn't really follow recipes, I just kinda winged it. For orange cookies, add the juice and zest of an orange to your basic sugar cookie ingredients, and save some to add to the frosting.....
Obviously I am not an authority on Christmas baking...lol
I look forward to seeing everyone's contributions ....

Last edited:
I didn't really follow recipes, I just kinda winged it. For orange cookies, add the juice and zest of an orange to your basic sugar cookie ingredients, and save some to add to the frosting.....
Obviously I am not an authority on Christmas baking...lol
I look forward to seeing everyone's contributions ....

Thanks.

Ginger men 4.jpg

Well, in spite of the fact that I know BYC's expert bakers/decorators will be entering magazine worthy creations, here's my humble entry....
Gingerbread hens and Orange Orpingtons:
View attachment 1198378
For what it's worth, they are made w whole grain, lol..
I got this vintage chicken cookie cutter at a flea mall a couple years ago. It says "3 french hens" on it, so it's part of a set. You might be able to find them on Ebay, and there must be geese-a-laying, swans-a-swimming, calling birds, partridges, as well as the whole 12 days available....
View attachment 1198380
So cute! Hey, you're in first place at this point - yay!

Back
Top Bottom