_- Houdan Topic -_ POST SOME PICS! TALK ABOUT YOUR HOUDANS!

V Comb

Songster
10 Years
Oct 25, 2009
Møreton Bay, Qld, Australia
houdaen.png

Talk about this beautiful breed here! Share stories, pics and more!

Last edited:
I think these are beautiful birds and everything i have read about them says how docile and sweet they are. They were one of my first pics when i got into chickens - but got scared of the crest care as i live in Ohio and get some BLUSTERY winter days. Plus so many look like Silkies - i seem to see two "types" ? The more original version and the one with the huge crest or topknot? Am I the only one who sees this?

Quote:
I meant the actual feathers - some seem to have a huge amount of feathers/crest on their head - very similar looking to Polish - the rest have a smaller amount where you can see their face and eyes

These chickens are awesome! And man are they hard to find...Would love to know more about them. I wonder what their laying rate is and how healthy they are? Are they prone to any issues? How do they summer and winter and what is their general personality traits? Are they bigger then Polish or the same size? I am new to Chickens and these always get my attention right away! We have room for just one more....

Back
Top Bottom