A 70 plus not so new

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pegnruss, Jul 12, 2016.

1. pegnruss

pegnruss New Egg

Jun 23, 2015
    I first got chicks about 3 - 4 years ago, found a new home for them when some things happened here at the house, like my husband fell off the porch roof and had to be hospitalized for a few days. Then the following year it started to get to me so I got some more and started again.

I have 8 hens and a rooster. The hens are mixed breeds: 2 Buff Orphingtons (Blondie and Buffy), 2 Dominiques (Dori and Dolly), 1 Astralop (Black), 1 Rhode Island Red (Red) and 2 Black Sex Links (Arial and Annie) they were suppose to be Astralops. My first rooster of this group was a beautiful white with black markings Buff Brahma but he got agressive so I found him a new home and got a Barred Rock with a broken toe (Chief Broken Toe or Roo for short). they all are about 16 months old. I got all but the second rooster as week old chicks last year.
    They, our two dogs and three cats, my husband and I live just below the Blue Ridge Mountains in north Georgia but we moved here from Pennsylvania 13 years ago when my husband retired.

I found Backyard Chickens by accident back when I had my first batch of chickens but don't remember introducing myself.

I still garden some, sew, read and cook special meals when family comes. I have three grown children with 9 grandchildren. I am a do-it-yourselfer so I spend a lot of time outsid when I can. I designed and built my chicken coop and pens.

Well that just about does it. Russ and I have lived and worked in D.C., PA, VA, FL, OH and GA over the years and finally retired to the GA hills/mountains. Life is good.

Peg n Russ

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Peg and Ross. Welcome to Backyard chickens. I just turned 69- how did "that" happen.

3. Chickensfan

Chickensfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2016
    California!
    welcome to BYC! i am sure you will love it!

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Peg and Russ and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

Best wishes
    Ct

5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. Chickensfan

Chickensfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2016
    California!
    have fun with the flock! we all love to peep around.....lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by