A, B, C class seramas?

cms1113

Songster
10 Years
Feb 2, 2009
DE
As far as i know, seramas don't breed true to size or color. So why do people claim they have eggs that will produce an A or B class serama? I see alot of people posting want ads for them and people reply saying they have them instead letting the poster know that the eggs come from two A class birds but there is no guarantee that the chicks are going to be A class. Some one please inform me if i have this all wrong.

Size shouldnt be the first concern, unless you have a huge Serama. Type is what you want to look for. People make all sorts of claims, but that doesnt mean a whole lot many times. Just do your own research and try to find a person you can trust that has nice seramas if you want to buy some.

Too small a Serama will deliver no eggs or infertile eggs, from what I have been told. This could also be a myth. I am not that experienced with them. I do know I have some medium seramas with pretty good type and they usually have at least one smaller baby then the rest per hatch (8 eggs).

I've heard that about the A class seramas, too. It'd be nice if a serama breeder could weigh in on this! I'd like some A class, but if they have fertility problems I need to go to a B.

Sonja

Hi I have just purchased some serama after trying to hatch 6 lots from 6 different breeders I decided to buy some live birds,They just dont travel too good in the post,Here in the uk they dont breed to size or colour but from what I have experienced in my short time around serama the small A type birds very often have fertility problems,Would love to see some pictures of seramas

I have several that came the whole way from California in my incubator all of them are developing. Seramas, D'uccles and Cochins
smile.png
I have no idea of their possible class and what not but im vey anxious to see what i get
big_smile.png

I've heard the fertility thing too. I just bought 4, two roosters and 2 hens, and they surprisingly are 2 B class and 2 C class birds. The one is a frizzle, who i thought was the smallest, is a C class! But by looking at her you wouldn't guess. Once i get another digital camera i'll posts pictures of her.

I just don't like the fact that some one, that may not know that seramas don't breed true to size, are kinda getting misslead by people claiming to have A or B class eggs.

Quote:
Yeah, i haven't had any luck either but one batch of eggs was my fault for ruining. Im going to try it one more time with my new incubator. If it doesn't work, hopefully my seramas will start laying soon

Eggs through the mail is always a gamble. Sometimes they are good hatches, sometimes not. I have a lovely pair of tiny seramas, but she lays eggs smaller than a quarter and so far no fertility on them at all.

I've got serama, you can get any size no matter what 'class' the parents are, I've found 'B's or a mix of 'A's and 'B's keep your birds smaller but you can get a 'd' sized at any time, as for hatching, once you put them in the incubator Don't touch them no candling until day 18, the smallest jarring can kill them, my last batch of shipped eggs yielded 80%+ hatch, the jarring problem only seems to matter after they are in the incubator. I've been hatching serama for over 4 yrs.

Paula

Quote:
Good to know! What temp and humidity do you keep your bator at? I've got some more eggs coming soon and i want a chick out of these!

Back
Top Bottom