A Bielefelder Thread !

lau.gif
this photo was not supposed to show up...but it is a nice Tuna all the same !
big_smile.png

Last edited:
This is Sarcasm...I am working on a painting, and I cannot visit BYC or I will never finish the painting!
The chicks are all healthy & super fine !!
wink.png
can't wait to see more pictures!
well, I guess that just flew over my little pumkin head...
D.gif

but I have an excuse for the last two days!
sad.png

was being totally abused!

no solid food for two whole days!!! I don't do well without food!
hit.gif

had to have a stupid colonoscopy today... which means I won't have a good excuse for the rest of the week!

at least I don't have to have another one for the next 10 years... thank goodness!!

Last edited:
I have a question.. If I cross my Bielefelder rooster with my hens of different breeds such a gold and silver laced wyandotes, red star, EE etc will the chicks be auto sexing? If yes are they the same chipmonk stripes and dot on head?

lau.gif
this photo was not supposed to show up...but it is a nice Tuna all the same !
big_smile.png
gig.gif
As soon as I saw this I thought of an episode of Boardwalk Empire titled Bone Tuna, it was a play on "Buona fortuna", Good Luck in Italian although I am told not the way an Italian would say good luck. Supposedly this version will bring you bad luck. It certainly brought the guy in the series bad luck. Ahhhhhh, I digress. In bocca al lupo! It is a beautiful Tuna.

I have a question.. If I cross my Bielefelder rooster with my hens of different breeds such a gold and silver laced wyandotes, red star, EE etc will the chicks be auto sexing? If yes are they the same chipmonk stripes and dot on head?
I believe the Biele roo over silver laced wyandotte would make sex linked chicks, but none of those would be autosexing.

Sex links only work for one generation (if you mated siblings they wouldn't be sexable at hatch), auto sexing works for every generation (if you mated siblings they would still be sexable at hatch).

I have several pullets and 1 roo... My babies range from 3-6 weeks of age. They are all SUPER sketchy! I'm thinking of selling most of them and maybe keeping just the cockerel and a pullet. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom