A Bielefelder Thread !

So I bought a few chicks(the little white and yellows are crosses we hatched) and will I had chicks I figured I might as well see if there were other breeds that interested me. Are the 2 brown's in the pic's Bielefelders? Hoping so! The black ones I got from the same person must be crosses of some sort. Shame on me for not researching first, but a bit of an impulse purchase. Thanks!
My guess the top two are legbars...based on the darker brown stripe and the fact they are far more prevalent than Bieles right now...

Coq au Vin, rooster in wine, is a classic and no matter how old your rooster is the wine rejuvenates him.
Where I come from we put everything that is “over the best time” in wine and vinegar.
Traditional old horses or the former dairy cow as well as game would end up in a sour pickle for days or weeks and then turned in to a slow braised dish with red cabbage or sauerkraut and dumplings.
If you want to start a fight over food here, ask if an apple or raspberry vinegar should be used.
The France rooster in red wine was as well designed for the though problem. And it is in my opinion a much better approach to use a good red wine, a Pinot Noir i.e., to fix the problem than white wine and vinegar. So, if you never tried Coq au Vin grant your next rooster a funeral fest that celebrates his majesty and that make you feel like god in France.

Thread moderator, are we allowed to advertise here? I know some threads threads are threads are fine with it, while others will give you the boot. Thanks.

PM me and let me know what you're talking about. If I have doubts, I'll contact a moderator. I've seen ads elsewhere on BYC so they're would likely be no problem.

PS...I am thread starter.

OOPS...It's late. Sorry...I thought I was still on my Thread...
hide.gif
barnie.gif

Last edited:
I just looked up legbar and they sure do look like that! Sigh.. but still a fun breed to learn about next time for the biel's if that is the case.

Back
Top Bottom