A Bielefelder Thread !

My 3 newest girls at about 17 weeks.

Gosh she's pretty!
Thanks. I had poor luck trying to hatch purebred Bieles this year. (My friend's male biele preferred their BSLs) Anyway, since I only got this single biele, I'm overjoyed with how she turned out. She has more brown in her body which gives her a little more color. She's very big, calm, a decent layer & has a sweet personality. Basically everything I wanted from a biele. Her eggs are a lighter color than last year's Bieles but very shiny. Now that she's laying eggs in the nests, it's even better! Her 1st egg came shortly after she turned 5 months.

29 weeks old now, there is one that a friend has that hasn't started laying yet. These guys take a while to mature.

I think yours are a month or so older than mine. Mine hatched June 1st and is not showing any signs of being close to lay. Pale comb, no squatting. I hope I don't have to wait till next Spring!

I think yours are a month or so older than mine. Mine hatched June 1st and is not showing any signs of being close to lay. Pale comb, no squatting. I hope I don't have to wait till next Spring!
These girls hatched early in March. I expect you've got 4+ months to go until they lay.

Back
Top Bottom