A Bielefelder Thread !

Pics
HI
was hoping someone might be able to help me.
My big girl, Guin, always has a what looks like a full crop but yesterday I noticed that it just looked HUGE. It felt like a hard tennis ball. Having read about impacted crop, I did remove her from the run an place her in large cage no food. its been almost 24 hours and the crop is still big, a little more pliable, feels a Iittle crunchy inside, I see no poop.
What do I do...don't want to lose her. Should I give her mineral oil? how much I don't want to give food. I don't know if can make her throw it up. Any ideas. Thanks.

DO NOT make her throw it up..... she will choke and die. Try some FLAT Coke. The acids will eat through the stuff in her crop. You will have to force it down her and repeat it several times.

Quote:
I know how to tube feed .... I have the proper things and know which place to put tube BUT we don't drink soda in my house and I cant go anywhere now.... will she be okay till sometime in morning... never heard of that one but willing to try whatever. she is a beauty and one of the first of the GFF lines not that that makes any difference. Her lance is devastated that she is not with him and she is such a sweetie. anything I can do now....no to the mineral oil? I heard that works. These bielefelders eat like pigs. My younger girls cant get enough either. They are all laying and despite what others say, they don't slow down by any means. Always looking for food. anyway - what can I do NOW anything? Thank you by the way for responding....I really appreciate it.

how much coca cola?

I would only try a little at a time. maybe a teaspoon or 2 at a time.... maybe a few times a day till it dissolves. It eats battery acid so it should clear her crop.

I have not tried the mineral oil so I can't say. I would be afraid she would get that in her lungs if it didn't go down. Is she acting strange? if not she would be ok till tomorrow.

I would only try a little at a time. maybe a teaspoon or 2 at a time.... maybe a few times a day till it dissolves. It eats battery acid so it should clear her crop.

I have not tried the mineral oil so I can't say. I would be afraid she would get that in her lungs if it didn't go down. Is she acting strange? if not she would be ok till tomorrow.

YES I know coca cola will eat thru almost anything! I will get some in morning and may try some mineral oil in a bit as I have to go out to check on her and rest of animals etc...
she has been ok today, just concerned that there was no poop in pen I put her in so I know not much is passing thru. I hope that I will not be too late for her tomorrow with the soda and in the meantime I will continue to massage and also try mineral oil and just pray.
thank you so much again. will let ya know if things turn out ok or not.

Make sure it is FLAT.

OK
also....how long after I give her the cola do I wait to give food. I have that Kaytee exact food which is very fine and digestible.
let me know when you have a moment....I have got to get some sleep so I don't fall asleep driving kid to school!

hey yall Im from macon georgia figgured I would show yall some of my german chickens.. I currently have about 30 of them in all age ranges. to me they are the ultimate dual purpose bird and I have a breeding program that emphasizes that. focusing on large well devolped birds for table fair and eggs production

They are beautiful birds! How do your Roosters get along with everyone? I hear they are pretty friendly. When do your hens start laying and what size/quantity of eggs are you seeing? I haven't gotten to the "dual purpose" part of chickens yet and can't imagine eating them but certainly don't think any less of anyone who does!
Thank for sharing and is that SNOW I see?

Back
Top Bottom