A Bielefelder Thread !

Pics

Here are my two cockerels together. They are now 2 weeks old. Do you still think the one on the left is the Cream Legbar and the one on the right is the Bielefelder?

Here are my two cockerels together. They are now 2 weeks old. Do you still think the one on the left is the Cream Legbar and the one on the right is the Bielefelder?

What ^ said x 3

Yes we have both breeds here on our farm and the one on the right is the bielefelder and the left is the legbar.

What ^ said x 3

Yes we have both breeds here on our farm and the one on the right is the bielefelder and the left is the legbar.

Thank you everyone. I wanted to make sure they ended up in the brooder with the correct ladies. The girls were easy to tell apart.

Thank you everyone.  I wanted to make sure they ended up in the brooder with the correct ladies.  The girls were easy to tell apart.

Definitely separate them out once they reach sexual maturity. I made that mistake and a Bielefelder male tried to mount a Cream Legbar pullet. It was like watching a monster truck drive over a Prius.

Definitely separate them out once they reach sexual maturity. I made that mistake and a Bielefelder male tried to mount a Cream Legbar pullet. It was like watching a monster truck drive over a Prius.

At what age do you recommend? My marans roo didn't start "figuring things out" until 17 weeks of age but I am not sure if that is normal. LOL at the car analogy. Pretty accurate. It is unbelievable how big those guys are!

I move all of my boys at 12 weeks to grow out bachelor coops away from the hens. But if at is not practical, just keep an eye on them and move them before they crow or do the roo dance.

I have 6 male and 5 female bielefelder s just hatched.The other is 3 1/2 weeks old and getting big in a hurry. Amazing how fast the put on weight and size...

Back
Top Bottom