A Bielefelder Thread !

My broody White Rock finally took to the nesting box (and fake egg) I made up for her in the isolation pen, so I placed 3 Biel eggs, 1 NN egg and 1 White Rock egg under her. She pecked at me at first, but once she realized I was GIVING her eggs, not taking them away, she calmed tremendously and went into her zone...pupils dilated, head low and body flattened out. So....21 days to wait and see what happens.
fl.gif

My broody White Rock finally took to the nesting box (and fake egg) I made up for her in the isolation pen, so I placed 3 Biel eggs, 1 NN egg and 1 White Rock egg under her. She pecked at me at first, but once she realized I was GIVING her eggs, not taking them away, she calmed tremendously and went into her zone...pupils dilated, head low and body flattened out. So....21 days to wait and see what happens.
fl.gif
Woot!
thumbsup.gif

My "fake" bielefelders are feathering and I am still clueless as to what they are! But they are very mellow and so curious.. they don't run away when I go in and stare at me so interested- whatever they turn out to be they seem very sweet and glad I hauled them home. They eat like horses! Goodness they just sleep by the feeder with their head resting in it so when they wake they can eat and not move! :) Still no idea what the black are as far as what type of mix! They are a little busier though not as much as my 5 white cross breeds.

You sound like you need to try fermented feed!!!! Beekissed will probably be able to answer all your Questions!!!
Marshall

thanks Marshall, I need to check into that. But once our summer temperatures hit, a modified version would be better. Which I still need to learn about.

I TRIED FERMENTED FEED, THEN COOKED OATMEAL, THEN COOKED QUINOA, AND THE CHICKENS LOOKED AT ME LIKE "WHAT'S THIS?" AND WALKED AWAY FROM IT. NOW, SPROUTED SEEDS OR SOAKED WHOLE FLAX SEEDS WERE A BIG HIT. GO FIGURE?

Back
Top Bottom