A Bielefelder Thread !

I bought hatching eggs on ebay so the quality of the birds is yet to be determined but I was happy to hatch out 6 femails and 3 males. I paid for a dozen eggs and the guy sent exteras! My biels are 4 months old now and doing well, I hope to have eggs by spring

I am looking for Bielefelders as well, 4-5 hens and one rooster. I am in southern California near Indio.

You may have a harder time finding any of this breed in your area. They don't do well in the heat, and I'm speaking from experience here. I live in southern AZ and the only birds I've ever lost to heat have been my Bielefelders. It's taken nearly three years to acclimate my last three to the heat sufficiently that I no longer have to run A/C in their coop during the summer.

I hatched these babies in august and they are starting to look pretty good
20171123_130155-1.jpg
20171123_130129-1.jpg
20171123_130205-1.jpg
20171123_130159-1.jpg

So far mine have been good. Not going to lie one of my main reasons for getting them was the auto-sexing we will see how they do overall, it's not as hot here in colorado as some places so that should be good.

My biele was great in the winter. No problems of frostbite even through some -40'F nights. She sadly passed during an unusual heat wave. We had some unexpected 90-95'F days in September. The fans were already packed up for the season. Our biele hopped the fence into the garden to enjoy some morning snacks & couldn't find her way out. By noon, the sun reached the garden & she got overheated. I'm still very sad over her loss. She certainly wasn't the brightest hen, but she was sweet.

Hi guys!
I recently applied for an SAE (supervised agricultural experience) Breeding Grant, and they accepted my application. :celebrate For the project I plan on getting a trio of bielefelder chickens to breed for the project. I'm looking for people who have breeding-quality birds for sale right now, but the only people I can find are on the other side of the country. *sigh* Does anyone know of someone who has quality bielefelders in the Midwest? Thanks in advance :)

Hi guys!
I recently applied for an SAE (supervised agricultural experience) Breeding Grant, and they accepted my application. :celebrate For the project I plan on getting a trio of bielefelder chickens to breed for the project. I'm looking for people who have breeding-quality birds for sale right now, but the only people I can find are on the other side of the country. *sigh* Does anyone know of someone who has quality bielefelders in the Midwest? Thanks in advance :)
I recently purchased eggs from a gentleman in Illinois...they are in the incubator so I can't vouch for the quality, but he says he's been working to breed correct Biels. If he's close enough, might be worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom