A Bielefelder Thread !

I lost one of my bielefelder roosters.... he was a little droopy and spent most of his time in the nesting box his last couple of weeks. one of his girls was broody and sitting on eggs so i did wonder if he was keeping her company.....Luckily I was able to hatch some of his babies before he died. The girls are still healthy and laying.
And I have more eggs he had fertilized in the bator now..... I have another rooster but I don't like him as well as the one that died.
Aw man, I'm sorry you lost your favorite. :hmm :hugs At least you can carry on his lineage.

We set a new batch of bielefelder eggs this morning. Now it is going to be a LONG 21 days!

Attachments

• IMG_3813.JPG
    IMG_3813.JPG
    393.2 KB · Views: 20
Hello all! New to posting, long time reader. I am getting some chicks mid June. Has anyone processed them for meat here? How was the taste, etc compared to other chicken? Any difference?

Here are two of the newest bielefelder at our house! Both were incubated from shipped eggs.

Attachments

• IMG_3982.JPG
    IMG_3982.JPG
    338.7 KB · Views: 18
i have 7 2 week old Bielefelders (6 pullets and 1 roo) I am feeding them 18% starter. Do you recommend anything different? How long do you keep your Biels on starter?

The State FFA Convention starts on Monday, I get to go talk about how awesome my biels are for about half an hour. :yesss: Had to make a display board too - these are some of the pics I put on it.

LRM_EXPORT_20180519_105842.jpg
LRM_EXPORT_20180519_110032.jpg
LRM_EXPORT_20180519_110109.jpg

This one's my favorite - Ash's favorite spot to be is in my lap. :lol:
LRM_EXPORT_20180519_003052.jpg

Back
Top Bottom