A Bielefelder Thread !

I don't know about that mine will be one year in aug..... and one of my hens thinks she is supposed to be Broody. All. The. Time. Wow I have never had a hen so insistent on setting. I finally gave her eggs a little over a month ago and she did good till day 19 and quit she was OK for about 3 days then started sitting again..... sigh so I gave her some that were due 5 days later from my incubator and on hatch day I came out.... no chick no shell..... best I can figure she ate it. Grrrrr. and she is sitting still!

Yesterday, my neighbor's GSD got out and attacked Publius, my favorite biel rooster of the two i had. He only had one minor injury, but since he couldn't stand up we decided to take him to the vet. Turns out his biggest problem was stress. He went into shock while we were at the vet and died while we were there. I'm crushed. Her was like my adopted son/ lap dog/earring eater/ sidekick. I miss him so, sooo much. Rest in piece little buddy.

Yesterday, my neighbor's GSD got out and attacked Publius, my favorite biel rooster of the two i had. He only had one minor injury, but since he couldn't stand up we decided to take him to the vet. Turns out his biggest problem was stress. He went into shock while we were at the vet and died while we were there. I'm crushed. Her was like my adopted son/ lap dog/earring eater/ sidekick. I miss him so, sooo much. Rest in piece little buddy.
:hugsSo sorry for your loss.

Bachelors out and about...(sorry for graininess)
Roo2.jpg

Hey guys !!! How has everyone been ??????????????
I been busy & dealing with a few flock breedings and from what I can see, I do have silver beilefelders, finally.
I worked hard at it for about a year, then slacked off as we had other issues and health issues to deal with.
Then one day I looked at my fledging 3-4 month olds and they were SILVER !!!!
There is still work to do, and these babies came from HUGE XXL eggs that cannot fit in a Jumbo egg carton.......................so hopefully by this fall I have breeding true birds !!!
Here is a few babies, just fledging:
Silver Bielefelders 001.JPG pullet................
Silver Bielefelders 002.JPG Cockerel.....
Silver Bielefelders 006.JPG Cockerel again.
Silver Bielefelders 004.JPG Pullet
Silver Bielefelders 007.JPG Pullet
Silver Bielefelders 003.JPG Cockerel
I have gotten a few from this breeding that have all the same coloration, yet no salmon breast, so those I am selling, not breeding.
Exciting !!!

:wee

Back
Top Bottom