A BIG thankyou!

Jewels1935

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 4, 2011
Central Florida
Thankyou to ALL that suggested ideas on Kingpins sickness, and a BIG thanks to Dawg53 for all his wonderful, and timely help. Kingpin was making rattling noise, and we thought he had Coryza. Turns out it's Canker, and the Flagyl is working miracles. He couldn't crow for 2 weeks, and today (day2) on meds, he's crowing loud and longer. Also his little baby, 1 month old Sunday, is crowing too! So thankyou for the help...he's getting better, and I'm glad I didn't put him down.

I do however need some advice..does the canker sores go away inside the mouth, or do I need to remove them, or take him to the Vet?

Thanks,
Jewels
wink.png

Quote:
The canker sores will disappear eventually. Continue through to the 5th day treating with flagyl. Keep in mind what I mentioned about the copper sulfate.

Last edited:
Quote:
The canker sores will disappear eventually. Continue through to the 5th day treating with flagyl. Keep in mind what I mentioned about the copper sulfate.

Thanks, I will def. do the Copper Sulfate. Day 1 he ate the pill inside some bread. Today, I rolled it up in some pizza cheese ( from pizza slice), and while he was eating that, the pill fell out. He looked down, then quickly gobbled the pill... I was surprised! So tmrw, I'll try just giving him the pill w/o having to hide it. I've also been bringing him inside at night. It was in the 40's here last night. He slept next to my bed, and started crowing around 2am
roll.png
I eventually got up and turned my saltwater light off. Then around 8am, I took him outside. He jumped out of my arms and took off for the goods on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom