A Bird Swap Meet Every Week! For Central KY

Turbo,

Don't worry about being embarassed! At my first show I had a couple of disqualifications. Talk about embarassing! Some one with more exerience told me to put it down as a learning experience. Just consider it paid tuition to the school of chickens! I'm sure you'll do great!

Yolonda

I am also planning on going to Shepardsville easter weekend, or rather the Saturday before Easter..hopefully it will be a nice day. I plan on bringing some week old chicks, I have some nice pullets that are at point of lay, some ducklings and maybe even a few call ducks.

I just found this, and read all the way through it.
I didnt know about this swap sale in Shepardsville.
Its about a 50 minute drive, and I would love to go there sometime. Do they ever have ducks?
I have been thinking seriously about getting a couple of ducks.
Really it would be fun just to go check it out.

I made it down to Shepardsville again this weekend. It looks like the vendors are slowly picking up.

What kind of ducks are you looking for FLOWERPOT ?

Yolonda

I should have 2-3 baby ducks there this Saturday, I think they are standard size crested ...and maybe one magpie. I raise call ducks but I dont think I will have any available Saturday...the fertilty is not there yet. I will probably have one very nice Silver Appleyard Drake from exhibition stock there also, he is a really nice drake.

Hey did I read a post correctly that Matt John moved to Indiana? I know I am on his list for chicks and I planned on picking them up...

I drove by the shepardsville meet saturday but didn't stop. It was a litte wet and I coming back from judging at the science fair. It didn't look like there was many people there, does it get busier than that later in the year?

Turbo, yes Matt is moving to Columbus, Indiana. His contact info is still the same, and he'll be coming to local shows I'm sure, so maybe you can work something out.

And yes HobbyChickener, the Shepardsville swap picks up later in the spring. That row where people were set up is usually full on both sides. Still not a lot of people, but there are sometimes some deals and finds.

Yolonda

Is anyone going to the Crossville Tn flea market? They ALWAYS have alot of birds starting now through this fall. I plan to attend in a few weeks and see what I can pick up. It is a great place and the birds for sale usually number in the thousands, its a great place to buy just about anything.

~Casey

Back
Top Bottom