A Bird Swap Meet Every Week! For Central KY

I plan on going to Milton.....I guess I can wrangle a decent mothers day for my wife somehow between buying chickens and ducks.

Wow you have all these bantams and then Jersey Giants running around..I am trying to picture your chicken coop in my mind and keep see Godzilla destroying Tokyo with all these little people running from their cars...

I have the standard Golden Campines and really like them, is it weird to say they are a cool chicken.

I guess most of my efforts our focused on call ducks and blue laced red wyandotte's, I am working hard on improving the type and color on my wyandottes...its going to take awhile. It is one of the reasons I am looking for a nicely shaped silver laced wyandotte.

Wyldehorses, Conservatively I'd say 1000. I really think it's more like 1500-2000. Usually some poultry equipment (often poor shape), & everything from wood cookstoves to buggies to corn pickers. There's always 2 rings selling poultry/rabbits and often 3 or 4 selling poultry/rabbits. Another 5-7 auctioneers in horse drawn wagons selling other items. Quite an event!

Stephen,

It sounds very interesting!

Is anyone else planning on going? We should all get together. I know a few other people I talked to expressed an interest.

I think Milton would be fun. It's laid back, lots of fun. Picnic shelters and chickens. What could be better?

Yolonda

Turbo,

Madison is just across the river and has lots of restaurants. Big Clifty Lodge is just a little further up and the restaurant there looked great. If she's not into chickens, there are antique stores etc.....

Yolonda

The Perrytown Road sale really is interesting. I always pick up a couple flats of tomato plants early in the day as they always sell out. The crowds are as interesting as the sale! I've gone for 10+ years and still look forward to it each spring. Almost always muddy & wet, often cold and the coffee for sale is instant. Like all auctions, some nice stock & some rather dubious offerings. Bantams, chickens, ducks, geese, peafowl, turkeys, rabbits, puppies, kittens, sheep. goats and pigs & huge amounts of amish/mennonite crafts. And of course loads of mostly horse drawn farm equipment/buggies/wagons. Scottsville KY Chamber of Commerce usually puts up a webpage for the sale around this time if anyone is intereseted. Oh BTW, if your 4wd gets stuck, they pull you out with a team of horses!

Can you tell me if there is an average price on their wagons ? Actually , ANY info on their Horse drawn stuff . Antiques or new Rubber or metal/wood wheels . Ect. ect . ?

Thanks , Sam

I finally got the internet back! YAY! Stephen, I know the sale you are speaking of. In Scottsville, I went to it a few years ago. I went the second weekend in April and there were SO many birds there, at least 1500+. Very nice auction. I want to go back ahain, maybe I can this year.

~Casey

anyone been to shepardsville lately? I have some new roosters to move and have been looking for some EE's or somethings that does colored eggs.

Back
Top Bottom