A Bird Swap Meet Every Week! For Central KY

Hey, were there many people at Sheperdsville this weekend? I need to go and take a few things, but hate getting up and having to set up in the cold and rain.

Yolonda

Not very many people there at all...and it was cold. Mainly people looking to buy chickens for food...which my wife wont let me sell chickens for. There was one guy there with some nice birds and I ended up buying a trio of bantam bar rocks from. So ended up coming home with more than I took.

big_smile.png
Oh My Goodness. All the sales. Don't forget the Fairview auction in the Spring and Fall. My daughter and I had a ball there yr for last. And the food was to die for. I have never seen so many pies in one place in all my life. I would love to start a poultry show at our county fair this yr. We are sooo far behind. We just had our first talent show this yr. It was a success. If anyone has any info/ help on how to get it started please let me know. We have a lot of people in this area who raise. I know I will need to come up with cages and I believe I could get everything else donated. You can email if you have any suggestions/help to offer. We are located in Marion,KY. western KY. We are raising Marans, Americauna, Mallards, QuailDe'Anvers, Calls, Quineas, a little of this and a little of that in OEGB. Oh and Sebastopols. I love them.

We went to the Shepherdsville swap last weekend and had a ball there weren't too many people there and we got two hens that we have to take back and swap, we are still learning. . . but we are going back this weekend. I wish we could have more than 5 chickens are so much fun.

Fairview auction is always the first Sat. in March and the last Sat. in Sept. It is a consignment sales auction. Anyone can participate. They have something for everyone. It is sooo large I wish I could be several people at once as they have 5-6 rings going at all times. Not just poultry. You have to get there early or park on the 4 lane.
barnie.gif
I was there all day and had to leave before the last 3rd. was auctioned. Needless to say It was a good thing! I bought a pair of peacock, for 50. bucks, several ducks, a large assortment of bantams, and several others.

I have a buddy who sets up there every weekend this time of year..and he says not many people are coming there at this time.

I went 3 weekends ago and there were not very many people there.

I think its mostly roosters for this time of year for sale, I am going to wait untill spring before I go back.

Dont get me wrong I have found some really cool birds there, but I just think the cold weather keeps alot of the backyard breeders from setting up there.

In a few months I will have Serama's, call ducks, gold campines, and other crazy chickens available if anyone is interested. I will be at Shepherdsville with my birds.

I am looking for blue orp eggs to hatch if anyone has any local.

Back
Top Bottom