A bond between dog and ducks

Love the ducks and dog relationship!

I have two rescue dogs. Neither appeared to me to be what the rescues told me they were. DNA tests proved me half right.

The "terrier" has some of that in her, but is 26 percent Chihuahua -- which is what the rescue told me. Of course, they neglected to mention how MANY other breeds were involved - most of which are high energy, as is Dinah.

The second rescue was billed as an Australian Cattle Dog. All I had to go on before they brought him to me was a tiny photo. I didn't believe that for a second that he was a cattle dog. He looked a lot like a pit bull mix. Turns out, DNA says he's about half pit bull and has eight other breeds -- none of which is cattle dog. I suspect they believed it would be harder to find a home for a blind pit bull. George is, however, an absolute love.

It's kind of fun to know what breeds were involved in making your dog, but I have to say, human DNA testing was less fun. Turns out my family bloodlines include much less of what I wanted them to, and a lot more of some that I never imagined. My ancestors must have traveled a LOT.

Thanks for sharing your story and the photos!
I have 5 dogs. Blocko who is part lab and pet what ever. A Samoyed, a shiz tzu, a boxer and one that is part pit bull and part something. His face is definitely pit but he is slender and his back hips remind me of a greyhound. And he is FAST and can jump about 6 feet off the ground from a standing position.

Never did my own DNA testing though people I know have and they say the same. “I always thought I was X, but I also have Y and Z” hoes to show people traveled and intermingled a lot more than is commonly believed through history.

Back
Top Bottom