A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I hope you like the midget white JR.

I have decided with Judy's input to try the R2Elk turkey rehabilitation program on the yearling Tom. I am sick of him. I am not taking Sidekick to the next show or any other turkey. The young one has managed to scab Sidekicks head and beat it to the point it is nearly twice its normal size. I have them in separate pens now.

Judy and I decided we do not need him, We have Sidekick and a couple younger toms coming up. The nameless Tom will enter the training program on the 20th or 21st. Depending on when we have enough time to administer retraining. We were going to have one of Bert's kids as the guest of honor, but the young tom has earned that position as of today. We warned him last week this could happen. Now it has.

I am actually relieved to have made this decision. I have been thinking about this too long. I might have to try to make a bigger killing cone between now and then.

The hen that thinks it is fun to call the young ones away from the coop at bedtime, might be joining the tom, Neither has a name so they are both good to go....

I am sure the rehabilitation dinner will be very tasty. I currently have a couple of bantam roosters being rehabilitated in the kitchen. It really smells good in there right now.

Last edited:
Ralph,lol, we do things alot alike.I talk to my birds. I try really hard to reason with them. I go to great lengths to explain the ramifications of their actions. Then a switch in the brain gets flipped and it's the texas chainsaw massacre. Normally the trigger is when the juvenile roosters start beating up on the chicks. Really gets my goat.

Ha! Seems my mystery lighter colored poult ended up being the only Tom out of our 4... He shall forever be known as princess. NO amount of strutting can change his past diva behavior.

Looks like our Thanksgiving turkey will now be a Christmas turkey. We've been invited up to hubby's dad's house for Thanksgiving this year. We managed to get out of it the past couple years so we can't this year. It's always so much fun eating thanksgiving dinner off of paper plates and listening to complaining (insert sarcasm here)

Back
Top Bottom