A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Holm, how is Mable doing? When are you getting the hens from Ralphie? I can't wait to see what Mr. T produces!

So...does all poultry, live or eggs, have to come from a NPIP certified establishment to be transported over state lines? Or can you get some kind of vet health certificate? Or does it depend on each state? Just curious how that works.

All states have their own regulations. Some will accept the state approved veterinary certificate of health on the appropriate form or the NPIP certificate. Some states require both. Some states require an import permit, some states don't. Some states even require an export permit. At least one state requires the NPIP certificate even for sales within the state.

Here is a summary list for the requirements on a state by state basis. Hatching eggs fall under the same requirements as live poultry.

All states have their own regulations. Some will accept the state approved veterinary certificate of health on the appropriate form or the NPIP certificate. Some states require both. Some states require an import permit, some states don't. Some states even require an export permit. At least one state requires the NPIP certificate even for sales within the state.

Here is a summary list for the requirements on a state by state basis. Hatching eggs fall under the same requirements as live poultry.

What he said!!

Grats on the ribbon on your Chest..R2elk

You too Aurora

@holm25
, I'd love some babies from Mr. T! I just don't know if I have the energy to drive through 3 continents to get to your house.

LOL we usually make trip to Maple grove every spring so maybe if you're not busy we could meet somewhere if I have some babies then!

Holm, when are you getting Ethel Jr? MNnice, I would for sure wait & see what Mr. T produces!! Especially out of Ethel Jr., who is JJxEthel. Both of those turkeys and Mr. T have really great temperaments.

Back
Top Bottom