A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Oh poor Blossom! All of a sudden I hear a hen screaming her beak off! Blossom, for the 2nd time, was in the drive with no idea how to get back into the yard. The other hens must have wandered off to the coop to get ready for bed and left her. Opened the gate & she came skidding into the yard. Poor girl was almost hysterical....crying & pacing around in a circle. So dramatic!

Oh poor Blossom! All of a sudden I hear a hen screaming her beak off! Blossom, for the 2nd time, was in the drive with no idea how to get back into the yard. The other hens must have wandered off to the coop to get ready for bed and left her. Opened the gate & she came skidding into the yard. Poor girl was almost hysterical....crying & pacing around in a circle. So dramatic!
:lau

Mine pace the fence.

My little ones mostly stay in their yard... all except the three vagabonds: the tricolor mottleds (Gray & Black) and one little Sweetgrass girl. They fly the coop then pace around it, crying. I let them back in. Next time I look out there they are, pacing around crying. I give up. Okay ladies & gent... you’re on your own.

They must’ve flown back in—that or they walked through the “wall” ‘cause there they are, all fifteen. Here are a few of them.

33D8456F-52D1-4DA3-AF7F-2900BCE07FA4.jpeg

Going to be warm & sunny today. Planning to work in the yard. Yipee! I'm sure the teenagers will be a big help. Plan to get the mower out. Of course that means locking up Daisy because of her "mower obsession ". Last thing I need her to do is teach the teenagers to dive bomb me like she does. I can just see her leading a squadron of turkey hens flying at me.
Speaking of Daisy....the teens follow her around most of the day and are learning all kinds of diva behavior. She's been great with them. But when I show up & sit down...there is no question who gets to nap in my lap. She bopped Blossom on top of her head the other day for acting like she wanted to hop up too. Daisy is very tolerant of the crazy girls but I guess draws the line when it comes to lap naps. The other day she was sprawled on her side with her legs dangling. My neighbor stopped by & had to laugh at her. Said as she was walking up all she could see was a pile of feathers on my lap. I was working on my tablet....which was propped up on her. She thought Daisy made the best lap desk she's ever seen. She certainly makes a nice cozy lap desk. I can even warm up my fingers under her wings. I highly recommend sitting in the sun with a turkey lap desk in chilly weather.

Oh wow! Bug eyed babies! Just what I needed! What color will they be? Will you brood them in the house....due to the cold weather? I think I'd be temped.....since there is just a few!!

I always brood in the house at first lol. I honestly have no clue what color they will be since I still have no idea who is randomly laying eggs all over the place lol. They will definitely be at least semi penciled but I'm pretty sure they will be fully penciled.

Back
Top Bottom