A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Looks like there's going to be some lapper training going on today. There's a big power outage in our area. Hopefully it won't be out long. Never fails though. Every time I want to relax and take a long hot bath, something pops up :/ No power=no water and the tub has a whole 4" in it :rant:mad:

ETA I think this group of poults is mostly boys. I swear they were making attempts at gobbling already!

Temporary solution

20191121_083446.jpg

Monro wasn't happy about sharing his nice warm spot with the babies so he stalked off right after the picture lol

Those Poults are adorable, i enjoy hatching out chicks, ducklings, poults (this year was my first in hatching keets), mostly because i can take care of them... these days now that my youngest brood is 3 months old, i sit outside with a blanket wraped around me, and they all huddle under the blanket and sleep with me (one of my friends told me I was spoiling them) I don't mind spoiling them since it gets them tame, and almost everyone that visits my farm actually wants to hold a hen, or a turkey poult, or even give one of the turkeys a treat...
I have decided the fate of the 2 yearling Narragansett hens i have currently, one of them is very docile, so she is a keeper, but the other has extreme food aggression (had to separate her because she drew blood on my 6 month old female rouen duck that was coming up to me for a treat) so either she will be either sent to freezer camp, or sell her to someone who wants her, she is good overall, just aggressive when feeding (I have tried several methods of working with her food aggression, but when she drew blood thats when it was decided)

I hope you got your power back on....but what a great excuse to hang out with the poults! Heck....what else can you do without power...right??
So I had sopping wet turkey hens yesterday. Rained off & on most of the day. But it was warm, 65 or so. They were hanging out on the grill again. They are to the point were they expect me to hand them treats. And they are starting to enjoy hen hugs. They are sure sweet! Daisy was disappointed. I wouldn't let her in my lap. She had muddy feet & ankles!

Going to rain all day today and get much colder. Blah!

Back
Top Bottom