A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I was sitting here at the computer when I heard noises on the roof. I went to see what was on the roof only to find these.
full

full

full

Visitors?
Or Amazon turkey dinner delivered :lol:
Two of them are toms. The last time they visited, I took out an insurance policy and bought turkey licenses. Turkey season is open until the end of the year. I didn't mind the hen visiting but I do not want any toms visiting next spring. I intend to exercise my insurance policy in the morning.

Since I sold Bam-bam and a few forks the other day and separated our Thanksgiving tom today, I took advantage of all the changes in the flock and moved Romeo, Princess, and Duchess back over to the turkey coop. There was no arguing amongst the hens. Mister and Phil immediately stated threatening Romeo so I hung out and defended Romeo for about 10 minutes. It's been about 2 hours now and I just went out and checked on everyone. It looks like it was a pretty seamless integration. There are very few cuts and scratches and Romeo is back on top. Poor Phil is back on the bottom of the totem pole.

20191123_210321.jpg
20191123_210458.jpg

Our Thanksgiving boy, waiting for tomorrow. I hate doing out but it is what it is.

20191123_210506.jpg

View attachment 1966144 View attachment 1966145
Our Thanksgiving boy, waiting for tomorrow. I hate doing out but it is what it is.

I agree with you. You do what you have to do. I butchered our Thanksgiving tom today. I didn't need 2 toms with 1 hen. Plus all the relatives really like when we donate a turkey!

View attachment 1966146

View attachment 1966236 small one dressed out at 15.22 pounds and the big one 22.25 pounds. View attachment 1966237 for heritage birds that's not bad.

The one I butchered today weighed between 18 and 20 pounds. Hard to tell with the old style bathroom scales! :lau Not nearly as big as previous Thanksgiving turkeys but this one was a heritage breed and the other's in the past were not.

Back
Top Bottom