A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I was a bit late last night putting the girls to bed. Daisy was already in the coop. But the three teenage ninja turkey hens were sitting on top of the door to the coop. Walked over & stared up at them... they stretched their necks down too me with highly satisfied looks on their faces. They thought they found the coolest place to camp out for the night! I didnt have my phone...they were certainly picture worthy. Three hens all fluffed up squished together on top of that gate. I jiggled the gate & down they came...lots of flapping & dramatics. Had no qualms making sure I knew how much they didn't like me breaking up the slumber party. Girls, girls, girls....they are too funny!

The teenagers found the coonhounds soccer ball. I thought someone was being murdered in my backyard. Ran out to check....realized it was all about the soccer ball...kicked the ball....Iris flew straight up like she was shot out of a cannon. Other two ran for the coop. Teenagers!!!

Everyone is in bed... finally! They were still upset about the soccer ball. Iris kept her tailed flaired for a good 10 minutes!
I found Marigold lodged under my coop shovel. Hmmmm... could she be thinking about EGGS ?? She is bigger & more mature than the other teenagers....maybe...just maybe!!

The teenagers found the coonhounds soccer ball. I thought someone was being murdered in my backyard. Ran out to check....realized it was all about the soccer ball...kicked the ball....Iris flew straight up like she was shot out of a cannon. Other two ran for the coop. Teenagers!!!
after the last flood there was a white and blue soccer ball in the bottom. I had seen posts where the turkeys beat it up...I brought it up and threw it in front of the teens... one came over to look at it. No drama no playing

Anxious to see if Marigold is sitting around again this morning! She was exhibiting odd behavior yesterday. I'm hoping she's got eggs on her mind....and not just doing some weird turkey thing.
It's going to be nice today! My plans include sitting in the sun & hanging with the girls. Looking forward to it! Its been so wet & yucky out I haven't had the opportunity lately. Just chilling with the hens is so stress relieving for me! Sure doesn't take much! LOL! Just a few lappers and I'm good!

So I got hired at Walmart.... It's so weird working again. I'm actually on my lunch break right now. I didn't realize that we get an hour! Starting next week, I'll be working 4am-1pm 4 days a week. DH has taken a crash course on feeding the flock since he'll be responsible for that on days I work. It's a big change. Yesterday was orientation. Today and tomorrow i guess I'm doing courses and testing on the computers? I don't know. Learning as I go lol.

DH and DD texted me to tell me that the power went out at home so I guess they have the poults and ducklings (yes, I have 3 ducklings now too that Ebony decided to hatch) in a box in the living room near the heater lol

Congrats on the job. Seems like with your hours you'll be home when the kids get home from school. Plus leaving you some daylight to check on the birds. I'm a morning person...but that's sure an early start. An added benifit....you can get hour shopping done at work.

Back
Top Bottom