A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I'm not eating garlic. I can't do it. Now I'm wondering if I have the flu. I did get my shot. Just feel terrible.

I hope you feel better soon. We don't do the flu shot, ever. We tend to get sick, eat garlic, then it goes away pretty fast, a day or two at most usually. Everyone around us that gets the shot always seems to get the most sick :confused:

Garlic huh? I can't eat it raw. May try the sock thing. Do you just stick cloves in your socks? Or rub it on your feet? I've also heard vicks on your feet with socks could help. Don't need to get sick. Have to travel next week. Anyone near Austin TX?
I'm sipping lemon water with honey. Curled up in bed with the coonhound. Who is the perfect footwarmer. Besides killing varmints in the yard...he doubles as a full body heating pad. What more could I ask for!
Yours will lay at your feet? 💁
Not Mason. If we let him in the bed he wants to be right between us where he can steal my pillow and then stretch his legs out stiff as a board keeping the dh on his side of the bed for a change :lau
My old terrier dog used to do the exact same thing. Lately he's been doing a lot of things she used to do. It's almost uncanny. Even the dh commented about it before I ever said anything.
He rolled his eyes and said. .
Flipping great. Daisy is back. . only triple the size. :barnie:lau

The only time I ever got the flu was the last time I got a flu shot. That was around 50 years ago.
That is why I do not get the flu shot, either. Made me as sick as I have ever been. Not counting the fact that this year's flu shot isn't even for the current version of the flu according to the CDC!

That is why I do not get the flu shot, either. Made me as sick as I have ever been. Not counting the fact that this year's flu shot isn't even for the current version of the flu according to the CDC!
If you two don’t get flu shots how do you expect the drug company CEOs to hang onto their inflated salaries and company jets??

If more people were like you they might even lose their golden parachutes....

I refuse to get them also. As more often than not they aren’t for the right strain. It’s just an educated guess....the people that decide which strain to protect against predict weather forecasts and global warming disasters.

BTW, Mr. Gore judging by the snow pack here I am pretty sure there is still snow at the North Pole.

If you two don’t get flu shots how do you expect the drug company CEOs to hang onto their inflated salaries and company jets??

If more people were like you they might even lose their golden parachutes....

I refuse to get them also. As more often than not they aren’t for the right strain. It’s just an educated guess....the people that decide which strain to protect against predict weather forecasts and global warming disasters.

BTW, Mr. Gore judging by the snow pack here I am pretty sure there is still snow at the North Pole.
They used to require me to get them when I worked at the nursing home. Got sick every time. I've not had what I thought was the flu since I quit working there.

Seems this years flu shot is a swing & a miss. From what I've read it's not affective against the two most prevalent strains out there. I get the flu shot every year. I've never got sick from it. Not really sure I've ever actually had the flu. Even as a kid. Went to the doctor. I have a sinus infection. Staying home today....should be better tomorrow! Didn't have the guts to do the garlic thing. Sorry to be whinny....being sick is so inconvenient!

Back
Top Bottom