A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Never heard of gravy on pancakes or waffles. 🤷‍♀️ Where I grew up they would put a white gravy on biscuits. Not me; "them." Either one is good alone, but...

Biscuits & gravy are fine for a couple of tiny bites, but more than that makes my throat kind of clog and my tummy send out the cease and desist. "No more! Traffic jam going on down here. Abort! Abort!" It's not an allergy thing. I dunno. Flour-type starch on starch just maybe doesn't do it for me. I have no problem with gravy on potatoes and I'm sure I'd like it on french fries. I also do prefer a broth based gravy/soup but I wouldn't turn down milk-based, esp with lots of pepper. 🥰

Local restaurant sells out of waffles and chicken chunk gravy for breakfast in less than an hour. Chicken is left overs from the day before. So 50 people line up before they open to try to get it. ... you would think they would make more, but nope once it gone it's gone

ETA this was before covid, not sure what they are doing now

Currently filing for bankruptcy, is my guess.

Never heard of gravy on pancakes or waffles. 🤷‍♀️ Where I grew up they would put a white gravy on biscuits. Not me; "them." Either one is good alone, but...

Biscuits & gravy are fine for a couple of tiny bites, but more than that makes my throat kind of clog and my tummy send out the cease and desist. "No more! Traffic jam going on down here. Abort! Abort!" It's not an allergy thing. I dunno. Flour-type starch on starch just maybe doesn't do it for me. I have no problem with gravy on potatoes and I'm sure I'd like it on french fries. I also do prefer a broth based gravy/soup but I wouldn't turn down milk-based, esp with lots of pepper. 🥰
Biscuits and gravy are a delicacy!!!

What is wrong with you women?
Broth is for soup, milk for gravy.

My chicken gravy is broth based. I start it out the same way I would start a chicken for chicken soup. The gravy looks white and is why I was saying it is a white gravy to mess with Shawna.

I really like sausage gravy on biscuits but then I just love gravy.

A good brown gravy on french fries is really good.

Went to let the birds out this morning only to find 2 of my hens fighting. Our royal palm, Wren, has been challenging my half-blind lilac, Budgie, for top spot for the past few weeks. Budgie is relentless though and will fight to the death, only issue is since she cant see well her hits don't land good. Guess Wren figured this out and decided to go for it at bed time. I think they were fighting most of the night. Broke them up when I noticed how bad Budgie's poor head looked. She was determined to still win though. Brought her inside and used some Microcyn and Triple antibiotic and set her up with some troughs of food and romaine hearts. My poor baby!

Attachments

• 20200915_084513.jpg
    20200915_084513.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200915_114920.jpg
    20200915_114920.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 5
Went to let the birds out this morning only to find 2 of my hens fighting. Our royal palm, Wren, has been challenging my half-blind lilac, Budgie, for top spot for the past few weeks. Budgie is relentless though and will fight to the death, only issue is since she cant see well her hits don't land good. Guess Wren figured this out and decided to go for it at bed time. I think they were fighting most of the night. Broke them up when I noticed how bad Budgie's poor head looked. She was determined to still win though. Brought her inside and used some Microcyn and Triple antibiotic and set her up with some troughs of food and romaine hearts. My poor baby!

I have turkeys with bruised, battered and swollen heads most the time, I consider it normal.

Back
Top Bottom