A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

[V[/VIDEO]
They're not Sebbies are on the smaller side for geese.

I think I will try find some Toulouse then. Have u seen how big the good heritage ones are? Heres a pic off the internet.

Ok sorry Ralph now I am done! I promise:lol:

Aurora have you had any luck getting Pebbles to break her broodiness.
No luck at all :( the girl is getting so thin. If it wasn't so cold, I'd put her in a broody braker crate but we woke up to a dissing of snow on the ground...AGAIN! Where's spring? All my girls are molting now it looks like and egg production has dramatically dropped lately. Pebbles is molting the worst with feathers falling out all over the place. I have 3 eggs on the counter to be incubated. I last set on Saturday :/ I think my girls all started early and are planning to quit early too. I did have a couple more than that but they were brittle and broken so they got thrown into the yard for the chickens to eat.
Hello :) May I please join your turkey chat? I have had mine about a year now and LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Great pets for the kids too! Been chatting chickens all these years but turkeys are my favorite :love Failed turkey photo bomb lol Trish
Welcome to the fun! Turkeys are such wonderful birds! Yours are stunning!

No luck at all
sad.png
the girl is getting so thin. If it wasn't so cold, I'd put her in a broody braker crate but we woke up to a dissing of snow on the ground...AGAIN! Where's spring?

All my girls are molting now it looks like and egg production has dramatically dropped lately. Pebbles is molting the worst with feathers falling out all over the place. I have 3 eggs on the counter to be incubated. I last set on Saturday
hmm.png
I think my girls all started early and are planning to quit early too. I did have a couple more than that but they were brittle and broken so they got thrown into the yard for the chickens to eat.
Welcome to the fun! Turkeys are such wonderful birds! Yours are stunning!

Aww thanks! Everyone here is so nice and welcoming!!!!

Good luck with your girl its so hard to break the broody ones. sigh.

No luck at all :( the girl is getting so thin. If it wasn't so cold, I'd put her in a broody braker crate but we woke up to a dissing of snow on the ground...AGAIN! Where's spring?

All my girls are molting now it looks like and egg production has dramatically dropped lately. Pebbles is molting the worst with feathers falling out all over the place. I have 3 eggs on the counter to be incubated. I last set on Saturday :/ I think my girls all started early and are planning to quit early too. I did have a couple more than that but they were brittle and broken so they got thrown into the yard for the chickens to eat.

When my Buff Orp was broody for like 2 months, she got really skinny too. I fed her cooked eggs everyday and topped them with mealworms garnishes :oops: because I was really worried that she'd starve (she was so bony). She wolfed them down in like 2 minutes flat, so it was easy enough to feed her while I was standing there to keep the others out of it. I don't know if that could help with Pebbles protein intake until she finally gets off the darn nest? Poor girl!

Aurora....molting? Now? Daisy is just finishing up her molt. Things just seem to be out of wack. Mine are just starting to lay on a regular basis.

Wish I had some hints for Pebbles. I hate she's going through this. Hope she'll pull out.

Back
Top Bottom