A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Big Bird looks like she's enjoying her nap in the sun. I just took the girls for a walk. Daisy has finally decided to molt. Everytime he's would shake her feathers would fly everywhere! Annie is way ahead of her on molting. Annie's new tail is so pretty. And she's starting to get new wing feathers. Can't wait for Daisy's new tail feathers. Hers are so ratty!!

Big Bird looks like she's enjoying her nap in the sun. I just took the girls for a walk. Daisy has finally decided to molt. Everytime he's would shake her feathers would fly everywhere! Annie is way ahead of her on molting. Annie's new tail is so pretty. And she's starting to get new wing feathers. Can't wait for Daisy's new tail feathers. Hers are so ratty!!

Daisy should be really pretty with her new feathers too. I wish mine would shed some, they are ratty!!

I had a terrible turkey day!

I come outside to see a hen on the ground and the guys taking their turns on her. She was just sitting there allowing it.

I went and broke up the love fest! Then one of the Blues attacked me. Flew right into my face. He outran me, when I tried to catch him. BUT I saw his face, I know who he is and were he is headed! He will be RIP by the weekend.

I caught all the hens and moved them into the creamette pen. They were not happy with me. They all made the move with some wear and tear. A few lost some feathers but they are safe now. Ethel made the trip with dignity. I just picked her up and carried her. The rest fought the move.

Once I got the hens away from the toms, I had relative peace again. Proving once again, world peace relies on the women being locked up......
hide.gif
lau.gif

JJ and Sidekick were even fighting each other. Which is not the norm here..

Porter was involved in street violence and he is such a sweet heart!

I cannot believe what belly buttons they can become the first day above freezing!

I procrastinated too long on pen building, I have to hit it hard now.

Ralph - sounds like your birds have caught the spring fever..... not fun! I think mine caught it a week or so ago - all was zen, then, BOOM everyone is a hooligan and jumping on Big Bird.

I made Big Bird a space in the chicken pen this morning (for laying) - but if it's anything like the new roost I put in for her, she'll ignore it and lay wherever she pleases lol :)

Back
Top Bottom