A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I candled eggs again today. 18 days into the hatch.

I had 2 turkey eggs I kept. one has a blood ring/vessel.  I am thinking dead. the other has what appears to be a developing poult or a mass of rotten egg.

I just put 36c turkey eggs  and 46 chicken  in, most of which should be good.   I have 36 more eggs to go in, 2 turkey and 34 chicken. I put 48 in the fridge to eat.  I have no idea how long that would take to eat. We might be eating turkey eggs in July still.  I put them on craigslist at 4 bucks a dozen, and got no responses.

BTW I am thinking of getting another incubator, I am nearly full.

Another bator! I finally made room and pulled about 80 eggs out of mine yesterday. It's been pretty much at capacity for a couple weeks now. I never imagined I would be able to fill it! You want another cabinet?

Pebbles in her little closed off "safe zone"

Ralph....a walk in incubator! Yipes.

Aurora, Pebbles looks content. Is she still sitting tight? I'm stealing all my turkey eggs. Daisy doesn't care but Annie barks at me.

Guess who was off the nest today! She only wandered about 5 feet from the nest (that I saw anyway) and then went back. She has one poult who stays very close to her and listens very well. The other is wild, adventurous, and doesn't like to listen at all! That one, was out in the yard, free ranging with the flock! I caught it and took it back to mama. It also didn't want to go back under her when she was trying to pull it under. It just ran out of her reach and climbed up her back instead lol. The two of them are just like my two kids :/ both look like they are eating and drinking well so let's hope this works out this time. They hatched last Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom