A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I agree on the first part... But I love the name Carl's dinner!

I am going to hope r2elk says you're wrong on the second........stubborn hens!

If the hens have established nests and have free access to come and go to them they may very well continue to use the nests. Whether or not they go broody again is an individual thing for each hen.

Most of the time my adult turkeys get the same 16% layer pellets that I feed the chickens. When I turn younger turkeys in with them they get the same 20% layer pellets that the guineas get.

Their pen is so big that even inside the pen it is like they are free ranging with all the bugs and greenery at their disposal.

@memphis
@gevshiba

If you think those chickens are noisy you should spend some quality time with a flock of guineas. I am not talking about their alerts and their buckwheating. Guineas are constantly talking. They never shut up. Much of it is very low pitched and quite pleasant to listen to including their "cooing".

@memphis
@gevshiba

If you think those chickens are noisy you should spend some quality time with a flock of guineas. I am not talking about their alerts and their buckwheating. Guineas are constantly talking. They never shut up. Much of it is very low pitched and quite pleasant to listen to including their "cooing".

I love guineas and I love all their noise! But I can't have any on either place I have birds. Someday...

For me, geese are beyond noisy. But I might still like to have a pair
big_smile.png

Feedman...sure hate that about the Bourbons.

Ralph...note R2elk said "may"!

Friend of mine has guineas. Love they way they look & they are quite comical. But after about an hour I was glad I don't own gun. It was non stop.

Let my chickens and turkeys out to range for awhile today.

My mulberry trees are dropping ripe fruit. they are having a blast looking for and eating them.

One time of year I'm liable to get smurf eggs. Those purple berries stain something fierce.

I bet they loved the mulberries! I like them too!

Well you know quite a few of us love our SS. Gevshiba, I've never had a SS chick that was blonde like that. Interesting.

Cute little chicks.

I will try hatching some SS eggs next year or maybe early fall. About hatched out for rest of year.
I'm hatched out. I have 19 hatched, 1 culled due to a fused hock, 2 pipped eggs and 2 doing nothing. I have 4 turkey eggs in the bator and 12 chicken on the counter to go in on the 14th. Those are for broody hens, if they don't break before I can let them have eggs. I need to move the turkeys to the other place. One's broody. I've got 3 broody SS. I want to encourage broodiness, so I hope to let them sit. But the last hatch in the neighbor coop was a disaster. Don't want to repeat that.

I had 5 turkey eggs under my friend's Lav Orps, but that was almost a disaster too (probably would have been fine if she had done what I told her). So I have those 5 babies in the brooder, too.

Back
Top Bottom