A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I just mix the feeds but I'm feeding over 70 birds right now. It's so much easier to feed them all the same thing lol

I think I have a few too many to feed right now too.

I have around 50 Creamers alone, soup birds....
My normal flock of 60, and the additional ones for next year. The good thing is I will not have to test them all this fall I will only have to test 100 and then a portion of the rest.

It is getting costly feeding all those mouths.

Ralph...did Lizzie spend the night in the tree?

Have the girls out bug hunting early this morning. Annie is a pro!

Ralph...did Lizzie spend the night in the tree?

Have the girls out bug hunting early this morning. Annie is a pro!

I am sure the turkeys are playing turkey games and hunting. They do not seem to be eating lots of feed, nor do they look starved. I am guessing they are grazing and hunting.
I know the Mama hen was chewing grass yesterday.

Lizzie was locked out, I have not checked on her yet. I have my fingers crossed she is in the tree. I am trying to design a safety netting system for her in my mind now. I have been all night.

I am sure it will not be pretty, whatever it is.

I'm spending too much time watching them hunting.

Hope Lizzie is ok. Take a pic of her in the tree. Still think she's a clever girl. I imagine if racoons or possums use that tree they would have eaten her eggs.

I'm spending too much time watching them hunting.

Hope Lizzie is ok. Take a pic of her in the tree. Still think she's a clever girl. I imagine if racoons or possums use that tree they would have eaten her eggs.

We do not have a lot of possum, too cold for them. BUT we have more than our fair share of coons. Those masked robber and murderers drive me nuts!

Huh...didn't realize that about possums. Do you have skunks? In the last 10 years or so we are seeing armadillo migrating farther & farther north. Used to only see them south of here. Now I see them dead on the expressway as far north as St. Louis.

Huh...didn't realize that about possums. Do you have skunks? In the last 10 years or so we are seeing armadillo migrating farther & farther north. Used to only see them south of here. Now I see them dead on the expressway as far north as St. Louis.

We never had possum when I was a kid or for my first 40 years. Then in the last 20 years the little buggars started coming up here inside huge round hay bales. But they seldom make it through the winter. I might see one dead on the road every couple years.

We have skunks like crazy, they have always been here. They are very noticeable when around.

Back
Top Bottom