A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

When I had to break Pebbles, I just kept throwing her or of the nest. She just ran right back to it once I was gone. I gave her a couple poults for a few days to raise. I left her keep them until she left the nest and took them outside for a couple days. Then I took them away and let her hang out near the brooder off and on for a few days. Then she finally snapped out of it. It was rather complicated to break her but she was getting so skinny she was scaring me. It was worth it. I would definitely say that turkeys are so much harder to break than chickens lol

I sympathize, I have a broody turkey (Coco) who I have been trying to break. If you find something that works - please share - I'd love to know how to get her back to normal!

Well I still haven't been able to break her I get her off the nest and lock her out of the one so she can free range to get away from the nest but she just circles and circles the pen for a shoe but then my dad goes and let's her in, but she is out and off the nest for a few hours at times I get her out. But as soon as I walk away and I let the pen door open to let he chickens in she goes right on into her nest so I have to get her put again. But I don't have any putts to give her or chicks right now I might have so,e chicks soon but idk yet. So if anyone has anymore ideas please feel free to thow them out I reall would like to get her broke so she can be back up and laying again.

Ralphie. ...waiting for a Lizzie update & pictures!
pop.gif

Not Ralphie but here are pictures. One of the hens with a hidden nest hatched today. I did see at least 7 poults (stole three) and at least one unhatched egg.

Stuck in with the Sweetgrass poults

Geez they are cute R2elk! Love the shot of the little face peaking out from mom's feathers. She looks like a good moma. The sweetgrass are looking great!

Back
Top Bottom