A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I keep pulling Queenie out of the nest but she's flat out refusing to give up. Every time I pull her out, she grabs a drink or a bite and is right back in. The other girls must be cramming their butts in there with her to lay because I'm pulling eggs out from under her all day long. At least nobody is eating them!

Last edited:
So...everyone of my chickens layed an egg yesterday! Even my old 7 year old SS. No more turkey eggs. Just Annie's egg from Saturday. Which I ate on Sunday.

Annie is poking around under bushes & tight corners as if she's looking for the perfect place to set up a nest to go broody in. She got stuck in the garage between the wall & a piece of equipment. I had to extradite her. Daisy is just her usual sweet self. Trimmed bushes in front of the house yesterday. Daisy sat on the front porch supervising, but Annie stood right nest to me observing the whole process. She just has to be in the middle of any activity.

Good luck with Queenie...boy turkeys can be determined!

So...everyone of my chickens layed an egg yesterday!

Oh I am so jealous! I've never had a day where every hen laid! I wish it would happen just once.

Swan survived the night and was pacing at the fence this morning. :) I have her locked in the main chicken run now. Gonna have to figure something out for her. All my current options have occupants.

I'm such a dork...had to give Daisy an extra hug this morning. Ralph loosing JJ & Ethel just brought home to me how special some animals can be in our lives. Sometimes there is just that special connection that can't quite be explained. I see that with my dogs & their owners. There is always that " one" that is kind of the standard barer for all to come. The one that really made you fall in love with a certain breed. Daisy, my first turkey, couldn't be better for all she teaches me about turkeys and my first bonding experience with a turkey. Sorry....just musing....

After I did the mercy killing last night, I saw JJ Jr was sitting outside on the fence, He is one of the young dumb ones that think owls will not remove his head.

I walked up to him talked to him and informed him he had big shoes to fill. then I grabbed his legs and pulled him off the rail. Then pulled him up into my arms and held him. He did not fight but he was not exactly happy with the new development and his change in position.

I told him he was now king and had to start acting like one. I am so glad I did not send him to freezer camp now.

I may have to make a pen for him so he can get intense lapper training. After breeding season him and Snitch are going to have to become great friends, they are going to live together in small quarters until they bond with us.

Then I have to move him up the turkey ranks. Sidekick is not going to be the leader. He will go to freezer camp before that happens. Sidekicks only alive today because JJ picked him as a friend.

Back
Top Bottom