A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Ralph, interesting observation. Hadn't thought of the difference in flock behavior. My turkeys are always close to me or each other. My chickens can be anywhere.

Turkeys are so interesting!

Ralph, interesting observation. Hadn't thought of the difference in flock behavior. My turkeys are always close to me or each other. My chickens can be anywhere.

Turkeys are so interesting!

It is just a "theory" of mine, but when you look at Dogs it is the pack trait that allows them to respond to us so well.

We are a pack animal as are they. I think we gravitated to each other.

Except for R2elk and JrNash!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Bantam bird: Congrats on the new poults.

Aurora: good luck on your eggs in lockdown. :fl

Memphis: be careful today with the severe weather that's coming thru your area.

Ralphie: have JJ Jr and Snitch been introduced to each other yet.

Coffee: Too bad about Porter. But he was a host at 38 lbs. Dressed.

Ya knowwww? I knew this thread had started. I was following the Turkey Talk thread way back. But this thread wasn't keeping my attention. The thread starter was too boring. I had no interest whatsoever. But this thread was in the most recently active on the home page. And guess what I saw?
gig.gif
Ralphie, I am sorry I didn't like your thread before. I will try harder to stay awake.

It is just a "theory" of mine, but when you look at Dogs it is the pack trait that allows them to respond to us so well.

We are a pack animal as are they. I think we gravitated to each other.

Except for R2elk and JrNash!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

When one of the neighbors' many cats (they had about forty at the time) got into the turkey pen, I wasn't sure who to cheer for. There was the cat, strutting along the edge of the fence. And then it was noticed by a jake. All the turkeys turned to look at the cat. And I swear I saw three of its lives rush out of its body. The seven turkeys surrounded it. They began stepping forward, eyes glued on the snack they were about to partake in.
And then the stupid cat found a hole, darted away, and no cat ever went in there again!
gig.gif

Hey MotorcycleChick...what do you have in your flock.

Feedman, storm came through about 4 this morning. Ugg. Wild & wet, but we kept power. Saw that a tornado blew a bunch of vehicles off I-55 by Perryville. What a mess. Did you catch any of this?

Annie is laying regularly now. Nothing from Daisy.

Hey MotorcycleChick...what do you have in your flock.

Feedman, storm came through about 4 this morning. Ugg. Wild & wet, but we kept power. Saw that a tornado blew a bunch of vehicles off I-55 by Perryville. What a mess. Did you catch any of this?

Annie is laying regularly now. Nothing from Daisy.

Ummmm.... Auroradream, what do I have?
lol.png

I have a Red Buff. Just one. I honestly think the other two wandered off into the woods across the road to be with the wild turkeys. They disappeared during the day, and there was no sign of any problems. I never heard anything, and the dog didn't bark. So Sabrina is the only turkey.
Duckling named her that about an hour after I told her what show I was watching. Since she was barely two at the time, she actually said, "Sabeena!"
I gave a local woman my flock of BR when I was went back on the road with my husband. The agreement was that she give me poults or eggs if I ever got tired of trucking. Well, DH took off after a few months, and the woman isn't telling me what is happening with my turkeys. I can't stand really replacing them. Sabrina was supposed to be food. Not so sure now.

Back
Top Bottom