A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Bantambird.....how cool that you have town turkeys! Is this a small town? There is dome town, I believe in California, that has a neighborhood with an out of control peacock population. Read an article about how half the residents like them and half hate them and all of them are trying to figure out what to do about them...

I had to laugh at the thought of a drone hauling RP poults Ralph...

Hey...how is Snitch doing?

She is not a lapper, We had to take a break from lapper training for her to lay and egg...And Jr. is refusing lapper training one session and he refuses to get close enough to me for another session...

Hi everyone. We have Royal Palms. A pair. Our hen now has 12 eggs. When is the normal timeframe she will start sitting? Ithanks.

Bantambird.....how cool that you have town turkeys! Is this a small town? There is dome town, I believe in California, that has a neighborhood with an out of control peacock population. Read an article about how half the residents like them and half hate them and all of them are trying to figure out what to do about them...

I had to laugh at the thought of a drone hauling RP poults Ralph...

Hey...how is Snitch doing?

It's funny you should mention, but Billings is the largest city in Montana. We just have a sizeable in town population of turkeys. Mostly by the rims, and on the MSU Billings campus. They chase unruly college kids across the parking lot.

Quote:
lol.png
Ronan, my Bourbon jake does that all the time!

Mom: MICAH GET THAT TURKEY OFF MY WELCOME MAT!!!!!!
Me: *Caries him down to the coop*
*blinks*
Mom: MICAH GET THAT TURKEY OFF MY WELCOME MAT!!!!!!

XD My mom's actually pretty sweet...I love her! :)

This thread is definitely the place to go to relax after a long day - great reading and a few giggles.

Micah - I can totally picture the turkey on the welcome mat, and I know how determined mine are when they find something they like to look at..... they can't stay away :p

Bantambird - I want some town turkeys to come and knock on my window at work too... that would be wonderful lunchtime entertainment!

Ralph - I love your description of Jr's lapper training.... sounds like it's slow progress ;). You could teach Snitch to just lay her egg during lapper training - makes it really easy to collect them!

Memphis - glad Annie's given up on being broody. Big Bird gave up too, but hasn't started laying again yet.

Turkeyparents - good to see you and sorry about the loss of your BB.

R2Elk - Your sweetgrass are beautiful, can't wait to see pics of the babies!

We've had tons of rain here, and have lakes of water everywhere since the ground is super-saturated. But I'll quit complaining since we don't have any of the storms some of you are having. Stay safe if you have nasty weather heading your direction!

I have them!!! Or hope too, I have RP eggs going in tomorrow... If one hatches I will hook it to a drone and head it west...

I already have a passel on order due to ship around May 1. I am not doing very good for someone that is supposed to be cutting back. My feed supplier is shutting down his business and retiring in August.

Had a flock of 23 wild turkeys on the yard... Lots of turkeys around. They sit and gobble back and forth with Mr. T.

R2elk congrats on the 1st sweetgrass egg.

Memphis hope the storm misses us both.

Jrnash. Needed the rain. But 5 days is enough. Just showed long ranger in the forecast next 7 days. Hating rain as well. Be safe in the. Strong storms.
Memphis & Feedman, looks like the storm is past you, how'd you fair?

Back
Top Bottom