A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Looks like Mrs. Robin is settling in to brood three eggs. Was hoping for more. Mr. Robin is still on guard. When she leaves the nest to eat, he's always right there with her. Cute couple! Can't wait for little baby robins to hatch.

My first turkey eggs set are finally externally pipped. So I may have new poults in 24 hours or so.

2 have pipped.

Mountainbourbons: Glad you are getting broodys. I have a couple that are broody. But I wish they would have waited awhile.

Of course,that means I also have to build a suitable hatcher.....

All but one of my turkey eggs are developing!!! Cant wait for Mr. T babies! Should be some pretty ones! I set 9 eggs. 6 Mr. T were set with all but 1 good and 3 Mabel eggs set and none started. She is pretty much a worthless pet who is going to the freezer. No reason for us to keep feeding the little chub.

Looks like Mrs. Robin is settling in to brood three eggs. Was hoping for more. Mr. Robin is still on guard. When she leaves the nest to eat, he's always right there with her. Cute couple! Can't wait for little baby robins to hatch.

These are all exciting news!

Well, except for Mabel...

Yeah...poor Mabel...

Took the girls for a morning stroll to the neighbors backyard. Her grass, & weeds, are uncut right now. Things are forming seed heads & the girls took full advantage. Love hearing those happy chirps.

Well I candled for my very first time a few days ago. About a week and a half in. Saw veining and or embryo development in the following numbers: Del's 51, ILs 14, Turkeys 36 and ducks 4. Didn't plan on ducks being in this batch but 13 managed to find their way in. Next Thursday I'll be setting more chickens and ducks after I clear out the first hatch. Gotta get the brooder setup this weekend.

My first turkey eggs set are finally externally pipped. So I may have new poults in 24 hours or so.

2 have pipped.

Mountainbourbons: Glad you are getting broodys. I have a couple that are broody. But I wish they would have waited awhile.

Congratulations! My poult hatching season is winding down. I think I only have 3 more Turney hatches due and that's it.

All but one of my turkey eggs are developing!!! Cant wait for Mr. T babies! Should be some pretty ones! I set 9 eggs. 6 Mr. T were set with all but 1 good and 3 Mabel eggs set and none started. She is pretty much a worthless pet who is going to the freezer. No reason for us to keep feeding the little chub.

Awesome! I can't wait to see some Mr T babies!

That's great that you can sit there and watch them be parents :)

These pictures may offend certain individuals, but i have to share for the rest of you :) we brought home these 2 sweet little goslings last Thursday. Meet Sunshine and Lollipop. They are either toulouse or african.

They are growing fast and are strongly imprinted on us. They go for a walk around the yard with us every morning and a swim in the bath tub every afternoon lol

Last edited:
These pictures may offend certain individuals, but i have to share for the rest of you
smile.png
we brought home these 2 sweet little goslings last Thursday. Meet Sunshine and Lollipop. They are either toulouse or african.

They are growing fast and are strongly imprinted on us. They go for a walk around the yard with us every morning and a swim in the bath tub every afternoon lol
Very Cute. I'm trying to get cotton patch, but missed the season. On the list for next year.

Back
Top Bottom