A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Aurora, too cute! When I was a kid I had a big white goose. No idea what kind of goose or the sex. But Tweety was so protective of me my parents got rid of him/her. Tweety would attack anyone who got close to me. Tweety had my little sister cornered one day. She was hysterical. My mother swore she was emotionally scared for life. Tweety had a new home the next day. I remember sitting on the ground & pulling that big pile of soft feathers into my lap & hugging her like a pillow. Poor goose. But she/he was very patient with me. Tweety drew blood when she/attacked. Many a time I remember a parent yelling for me to go grab my goose, who was angrily attacking someone.

I have 5 pips out of 10 eggs.

1 bourbon for sure.

Narris and palms the rest.

I can tell the bourbons eggs. The palms and narris look too much alike.

It's not turkeys. But this is my mix of chickens in the brooder

Hope to thin it down tomorrow

So i can finally join this thread now! Just today i went with my father to some crowded town to someone's house who has way to many animals. Her backyard was very small with no grass and the coop was poorly built. She had a turkey with her that had "Showed Up" at her house one day and so we took her in, shes now in a proper coop with the right feed! Shes very over weight and is very sickly looking, but shes much more happy in her new home!
big_smile.png
Here are a few pics of Dorphy our new turkey

So i can finally join this thread now! Just today i went with my father to some crowded town to someone's house who has way to many animals. Her backyard was very small with no grass and the coop was poorly built. She had a turkey with her that had "Showed Up" at her house one day and so we took her in, shes now in a proper coop with the right feed! Shes very over weight and is very sickly looking, but shes much more happy in her new home!
big_smile.png
Here are a few pics of Dorphy our new turkey

Good save. Hope for the best...

I refuse to look at DUX pictures!!!
Ralphie, one day I'd love to know why you so hate the webbed foot variety. In the meantime I'm trying to figure out my gosling options for this year since I can't get what I want and really want to try the goose matzo ball soup recipe that I've had for a couple years. ARG! I might have to buy one, from a nice set of people who use practices I don't like just to get there. One day I hope to have a flock of cotton patch geese as well as my rouen ducks.

My turkey hatch is a day late. Pipped and taking forever. My chickens almost all hatched a day early.

Lost one of my palm hens today. She was in the doghouse early this morning. Still in and alive about 3 hours ago. Went to shoo her out to get eggs and she was gone. Either prolapse or rupture.

Back
Top Bottom