A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Oh also wondered what should it's crop feel like? Yesterday it was full but sort of soft. Could squish it around. Today it was almost empty. Chick is still pooping normal. Could it have worms? Would it be a good idea to de worm it now with it in a weakened state? I'm going by feed store to get any kind of vitamin supplement I can find to help give it a good boost. Is makrel basically the same nutritionally as salmon?
@Ravynscroft can you wade in on this? Did you get the nutri drench? Have you fed the salmon?

Small Victories... Tonight was a special night, with the exception of peaches, onions and balsamic, dinner was grown here. What I found most impressive is that my granddaughter went for the sliced tomatoes, green beans and squash that I picked today first, then the chicken I grew last fall. She favored plumb and cherry tomatoes over fruit gummy. Last week we were out of tomatoes, you know how it goes... So her mom picked one up at the store and sliced it for her. She took one bite and turned it into a frizz-be. Guess she only likes home grown tomatoes. Tonight was a peach/balsamic reduction of chicken over homemade pasta with fresh sliced tomatoes, and cooked green beans and squash. And of course, Cheddar biscuits along side.:wee

Oh also wondered what should it's crop feel like? Yesterday it was full but sort of soft. Could squish it around. Today it was almost empty. Chick is still pooping normal. Could it have worms? Would it be a good idea to de worm it now with it in a weakened state? I'm going by feed store to get any kind of vitamin supplement I can find to help give it a good boost. Is makrel basically the same nutritionally as salmon?

Get Nutridrench, that stuff gives a great boost to ones that need it... crop would be empty if not eating, if only drinking it will be squishy... be careful palpating a squishy crop in case it vomits water and aspirates... worms *shouldn't* be an issue yet at that age, but deworming couldn't hurt and won't affect it adversely... Safeguard (fenbendazole 10%) for goats is the safest dewormer...

Back
Top Bottom