A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

So @Auroradream26 just informed me that these two little guys are Royal palms, not mixed Midget whites as I had thought. It looks like the other two I have are midget whites, which would explain their size difference. They are both looking so attractive I didn't care, but it's neat to know I have yet another variety. :yesss:

View attachment 1142372
It is really hard to tell from that photo but the hen on the right appears to have some brown in her feathers. If so, she would be a Tri-Color and not a Royal Palm. The hen on the left does appear to only have black and white which would make her a Royal Palm.

So @Auroradream26 just informed me that these two little guys are Royal palms, not mixed Midget whites as I had thought. It looks like the other two I have are midget whites, which would explain their size difference. They are both looking so attractive I didn't care, but it's neat to know I have yet another variety. :yesss:

View attachment 1142372

Chances are 9,864,325 to 1 against you having any real midget whites...

Was told to post here as everyone would have fun guessig the breed of this turkey. I'm 90-95% i know the breed as i own the parents,

downloadfile-6.jpg

Looks a lot like mine... :D

I have never uploaded a video to youtube before, so I hope this works.

Tommie (the Tank) Tucker Turkey went nuts today.....over my Henry hat. Even after a couple of hours, he was still upset over the hat, following me everywhere, jumping up on the mower trying to get it, and until I finally had to hide it.
:lau

Lol! This seriously reminds me of the time I put ammorange saddle on Sweet Pea, except she was running from the thing on her back and the toms were chasing her, trying to attack it!

I'm debating making another turkey saddle attempt. Different color of course! But Cuddles and Princess are really ratty looking right now. Cuddles is molting and has bare patches everywhere. Princess is getting there but her back is completely bare since she won't stop squatting for Romeo.

OMG Aurora...I remember the orange turkey saddle experiment! That was so funny! Yes...do try it again! LOL!
And honestly Flashpoint, if I had a thing of a big hanging out like that, I have to arm myself. That thing is scary! And I live in the land of large bugs!!

OMG Aurora...I remember the orange turkey saddle experiment! That was so funny! Yes...do try it again! LOL!
And honestly Flashpoint, if I had a thing of a big hanging out like that, I have to arm myself. That thing is scary! And I live in the land of large bugs!!
We do have an interesting collection of bugs here don't we?

I Saw something like that in the turkey coop last night. Never saw one before but I wasn't sticking around to mess with it. That beast was HUGE!
I had to look it up for my brother as he has a nest of them in one of his trees. Mine seem to have decided on a lilac bush in my front yard. The good thing is that they are not very aggressive, avoid conflict, but do have a very nasty sting if they think there is danger or get stepped on.

They are predators, are carnivorous and hunt large insects such as beetles, wasps, large moths, dragonflies, mantises and sometimes honeybees. They are also very active at night, especially if there is a light such as a front door entry light or a pole light. It's not quite like the "moth to a flame" - they are more interested in eating the moth. lol

I stood right next to where their nest is located yesterday to take photos, and although they came and checked me out, they were not aggressive in doing so.

european_hornet.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom