A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I am bragging too!..
I just got home from "school". I am so pleased with my flock of turkeys. They are all wandering together. Greeted me at the car. Followed me to the house, chattered and talked the whole time.

Ever since that one Jerk was sent to prison life is great again. I like my turkeys again......Amazing how one jerk can make life miserable for all... 11-23-17....will be a great day.

Turkey question: went out to feed/water my crew and noticed a large frothy looking poop. Yellowish green in color. They're 8 weeks old as of Wednesday, all are active and eating/drinking well.

Is this from too much grass or from the weather shifting to cooler? (Hit 41 last night).

Initial searching says coccidia, should I treat with corid? How much (if so) should I put in a 5qt waterer?

Turkey question: went out to feed/water my crew and noticed a large frothy looking poop. Yellowish green in color. They're 8 weeks old as of Wednesday, all are active and eating/drinking well.

Is this from too much grass or from the weather shifting to cooler? (Hit 41 last night).

Initial searching says coccidia, should I treat with corid? How much (if so) should I put in a 5qt waterer?

Before doing anything, I suggest, you search Google for "cecal Poop".. Look at the images.

It is not unusual for the poop to look "different" enough to think they are sick. This is not normally the case. If you only seen it once or twice, do nothing. Cecal poop is not the same as normal poop. It can look yellow or green or streaked and be runnier than normal..

I'll check on them later and see if there's more later. I initially thought it was a banana slug that got pecked... because they kind of turn slimey-gross when ruptured and we have them in force here.

I'll check on them later and see if there's more later. I initially thought it was a banana slug that got pecked... because they kind of turn slimey-gross when ruptured and we have them in force here.
Cecal poops are really smelly too. Cecal poops are one reason some people think birds are icky.
Some people are wierd.

So 3 of them pooped the more yellow runny poop when I was out there tilling the shavings. One partially pooped on a shed feather so I brought it into the sun for a picture:

IMG_9008.JPG

Would it be odd for half of them to void cecal poop at the same time?

So 3 of them pooped the more yellow runny poop when I was out there tilling the shavings. One partially pooped on a shed feather so I brought it into the sun for a picture:

View attachment 1154141

Would it be odd for half of them to void cecal poop at the same time?

IMO, that many foamy poops is something to take mind of... a single one might not be anything, but several would make me pause... foamy poops could be sign of cocci, worms or blackhead... I would get more poop pics, of different ones and check with @casportpony

Is every poop from One individual the same or do they do a couple normal and then this.

The poop on the feather looks more like worms than Cocci to me. But again lets see more poop...One can never show enough poop pictures.

Edited to add.....Sure does look like Blackhead poop too...I have been doing Poop Googles like crazy here.....:old

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom