A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Fred...the flock looks great!! Love the red & white one!

Aurora...Pebbles injury is looking good. She looks forlorn in her crate. Poor girl. Haven't seen Sweatpea & Eve lately. They look good. Sweatpea's colors are amazing. Mister is quite handsome too. He looks like a character. Is Azul going to a pet home? Hate you have to give him up. And then there is Cuddles!! What a cutie!

I need to get some pics. As soon as this weather clears I'll get some glamour shots! Its amazing to me how each turkey is so different and their personalities really can come through in pictures! I love watching their body language. At least with mine, I can pretty much figure out what's going on in their little heads.

Heading to the big coondog winter classic in Mississippi this weekend. My first big national coondog show & hunt. Been to a few smaller ones, but this is one of the coondog national shows. Ought to be interesting. My pup is just 7 months old so I won't enter him. Will just be observing. Should see a bunch of the nationally ranked dogs. I'm sort of excited. Leaving for Westminster on Sunday. Keep an eye out for us in the Australian Shepherd ring Monday. We won't make it to Groups, I'm showing a young dog, but my coondog's sire will be shown & has a good chance to make the group.

Aurora...Pebbles injury is looking good. She looks forlorn in her crate. Poor girl. Haven't seen Sweatpea & Eve lately. They look good. Sweatpea's colors are amazing. Mister is quite handsome too. He looks like a character. Is Azul going to a pet home? Hate you have to give him up. And then there is Cuddles!! What a cutie!

Thank you! Pebbles really does just want out but she's at that time where she's squatting every time the wind blows lol. She's mistake in there but she'll get over it. She needs to hurry up and heal so I can use that create! My brooders are bidding at the seams! Azul is going to a pet home. The lady already has a tom and several hens (I think 5?) But she's loves Azul's color. I hope he can get along with her currant tom.

Heading to the big coondog winter classic in Mississippi this weekend. My first big national coondog show & hunt. Been to a few smaller ones, but this is one of the coondog national shows. Ought to be interesting. My pup is just 7 months old so I won't enter him. Will just be observing. Should see a bunch of the nationally ranked dogs. I'm sort of excited. Leaving for Westminster on Sunday. Keep an eye out for us in the Australian Shepherd ring Monday. We won't make it to Groups, I'm showing a young dog, but my coondog's sire will be shown & has a good chance to make the group.

Good luck! I miss going to the shows. I haven't been to one in YEARS but they were always exciting.

Thank you! Pebbles really does just want out but she's at that time where she's squatting every time the wind blows lol. She's mistake in there but she'll get over it. She needs to hurry up and heal so I can use that create! My brooders are bidding at the seams! Azul is going to a pet home. The lady already has a tom and several hens (I think 5?) But she's loves Azul's color. I hope he can get along with her currant tom.

Good luck! I miss going to the shows. I haven't been to one in YEARS but they were always exciting.
What are you feeding her? Put her on some higher protein and that should help with the healing process

Ugh. We have the absolute best luck with dumb dolt males on this place. Two dolt roosters... one was good dumplins and the other is soon to be. We do have one that is good.

Now. As of last night... buster brown... he was givin me the stink eye and thinkin bout tryin me out when i put everyone to bed. I chalked it up to it was only me and noone wanted go to bed so it was quite like a clown circus for a bit til son the young rescued me. Lol! Then hubby said he was actin all manly and funny to him this mornin when he let em out and did food and water. :he:barnie So if the bean head keep it up i am sposin he will meet a stick To his noggin. :mad::tongue. We have not been overly nice to the new kids and they run away when we try... but we have only tried touchin the two hens not buster. Jerkface. Paul said he told him he needed play nice cause he keeps hos axe noce n hair shavin sharp at all times. :lau

Ugh. We have the absolute best luck with dumb dolt males on this place. Two dolt roosters... one was good dumplins and the other is soon to be. We do have one that is good.

Now. As of last night... buster brown... he was givin me the stink eye and thinkin bout tryin me out when i put everyone to bed. I chalked it up to it was only me and noone wanted go to bed so it was quite like a clown circus for a bit til son the young rescued me. Lol! Then hubby said he was actin all manly and funny to him this mornin when he let em out and did food and water. :he:barnie So if the bean head keep it up i am sposin he will meet a stick To his noggin. :mad::tongue. We have not been overly nice to the new kids and they run away when we try... but we have only tried touchin the two hens not buster. Jerkface. Paul said he told him he needed play nice cause he keeps hos axe noce n hair shavin sharp at all times. :lau

:yuckyuck

yeah I have a tom that I have to keep tuning up.. the jakes then take him on and he forgets about me for a while.
so far only one cockerel went after me.. he was for the freezer anyway

Hi guys, Phil, out in the Philippines here, new to turkeys. My Royal Palm male is pictured! I have a very pressing question, as a newbie.. Is it best to collect the eggs from the lady, to keep them safe until she is ready to hatch them? I have been told the Tom will potentially break eggs so it is best to store them away from him and her, until such a time as the female is ready to hatch her brood. Is this recommended? Just to be clear, I am not really interested at this time in incubating and hatching the eggs myself. If I am to collect them, what is the best way to store them, and what signs are there that the female is ready to be removed from her mate and reunited with her eggs to start the hatching process?

Back
Top Bottom