A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Marigold is developing a bad habit. She's hanging back when its bedtime. She'll hop up on the bench & I have to go give her some attention, then I pick her up & carry her to the coop. I've tried just shoo-ing her off the bench, but she won't shoo. And boy...she's a heavy chunky bird. Not sure what's going on with her.

Marigold is developing a bad habit. She's hanging back when its bedtime. She'll hop up on the bench & I have to go give her some attention, then I pick her up & carry her to the coop. I've tried just shoo-ing her off the bench, but she won't shoo. And boy...she's a heavy chunky bird. Not sure what's going on with her.
she just requires a little more attention from the alpha thats all... funny how fast they get us trained!

That was my thought too. Marigold just wants extra hen hugs. Fred....I need to weigh her. She's a bit bigger than the others....but seems twice as heavy. And those white feathers on her head are soft & downy. She has a patch right on top of her head. A little punk looking! I need to get some pics...they are sure maturing into beautiful birds. Of course I think all turkeys are beautiful. Contrary to my family & friends!!

No idea what they were doing... but all the girls were all in the back part of the yard. Usually, knowing their bedtime, they are hanging out by the coop. I didn't see them back there so called for them. And here they came! Running those fat drumsticks off. I was laughing so hard I had to sit down. Flapping & yapping the whole way. I just love turkeys!

Back
Top Bottom